Thread: Stuck at the start line

Stuck at the start line

I thought I might ought to move this line of thought here, before my introduction thread got mangled up.

Just getting into gasoline EFI - and finding this is way more complex than playing with the new oil burners.

Unfortunately, I can't even seem to get started. Here's what we got:
    10.5:1 355 TPI, LT4 aluminum heads, LT4 short runner intake(distributor modified), LT4 Hot Cam, junky headman headers with an O2 sensor just ahead of the collector, copper exhaust gaskets, stock distributor, disposable ICM, new coil. 1227730 ECM (allegedly it was a Bill Howell computer, but it looks to me like a 100% stock GM Mulletmobile ECM). The memcal in it is definitely different than stock, it's a UV Eraseable chip with "JM D019 355-TPI-730" written on it)
    Unfortunately, the car has sat a considerable amount in it's life, and through various strokes of bad luck had some mechanics of questionable knowledge and limited talent that "knew what they were doing" got to it ahead of me. Many of those problems have been ironed out, but now I struggle with some parts I don't believe were AC Delco, but don't really want to re-sensor the car as a baseline... I converted to a T56, quick weekend job that took several months, and when it came back online, it hasn't had the same power. Misfires horribly when cold, throws an SES after about 10 minutes of driving, mid range is terrible for what the engine is. So, that eventually led me to start working on the EFI.

Got Mr. Moates burn 2, the G2 chip adapter, and a couple-3-4 AT29C256 chips - literally just enough to be dangerous.
    Yesterday I burned three chips: Stock 5.7 AUJP, AXCN, ARFP.
    ARFP threw an SEL immediately and kept it stuck in limp home. Error code 51
    AXCN ran off the chip, but acted like EST wire was off - wouldn't rev past about 3k
    AUJP would rev up to close to 4500, but it was sluggish and stuttering, again like timing was retarded. Wouldn't idle either,
    I got up this morning and loaded S_AUJP v6 only changing the transmission flag. Same results as AXCN and AUJP. No SES, not throwing codes, and doesn't appear to be in limp home mode - but rev is miserable, and if you turn on the A/C it shuts itself off. But with the A/C off, it idles better than it ever has.

Where do I start? I'm assuming I need to post a log file or something, but in an effort not to look any dumber than I am - I'm asking :)
    Last edited by doc_rock; 05-25-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    1990 F-Bomb
    355 urethane mounted noisemaker
    LT4 Roller Top end
    Some sort of cam
    vette stopping stuff
    4th gen rear
    headers that belong in a trash can
    some other unimportant things
    +15hp steering wheel and wheels combo

and here's the log file I just generated.
    Fired up computer, plugged in, connected, ignition on, started car. restarted a few times throughout this, as the idle I was bragging about earlier is gone - won't idle, won't start without a little accelerator.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1990 F-Bomb
    355 urethane mounted noisemaker
    LT4 Roller Top end
    Some sort of cam
    vette stopping stuff
    4th gen rear
    headers that belong in a trash can
    some other unimportant things
    +15hp steering wheel and wheels combo