Thread: OS 12579405

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

OS 12579405

Hello all, I am new to the tuning world so far. Long story short I got impatient after a month and a half of shops and others supposed to program my truck. I found an xdf file online and tried using it with my stock bin file and have an issue. The xdf file was found from my os number.I used ls droid to install the tune. The problem I have is my truck will not start, the computer is not monitoring the transmission, and the throttle actuator is not responding either. The xdf file was for an 04 truck not my 03. I tried to install the stock bin file but it will not work. Any one have an info on what I can do to fix this? It is my daily I knew what may happen but tried it anyway. I was trying to turn fans on as I did a factory fan conversion. I have another computer coming so I will have it running soon. I can communicate with the ecm with a scan tool with out problem. Thanks

Jonah

Fuel Injected!
    If your new tune file is a stock, original, unchanged tune, it likely still has "VATS" enabled (Vehicle Anti Theft System). Your file needs to be cracked open and have VATS, among quite a few other things, turned off. I use a program called Tuner Pro RT to edit my tunes though there are others. See picture below with a view of a different BIN file than yours but the basic idea is the same.The VATS area is at the top of the parameter tree.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for the response. I used the tuner pro rt program and had my stock bin with an xdf file I found online. I hooked my scan tool to the vehicle and its setting a throttle actuator code with a reduced power message. The transmission is only registering park and no other gears. No security light or codes. So I would have to turn off the vats on any tune I do to my vehicle? Does this turn off the vats completely? I tried to install my stock bin back into the computer but no go. I am trying to learn more on this procedure and learn what I can. Thanks again

Fuel Injected!
    Is this an LS engine or something older? What transmission?

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Electronic Ignition!
    My 03 sierra 5.3 with the 4l60. When I mentioned my stock bin I meant out of the computer in the truck. I am trying to install my stock bin back into my computer and so far it isn't loading into my computer.
    Last edited by j23; 05-22-2020 at 02:59 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    And do you know where I can get the xdf file I need for my os? Thanks