Thread: V8 error(

Fuel Injected!

V8 error(

Hello people. I have a project, the glorious chevy s10, 2.2, 2wd, 1998. At the moment, vortec l31, pcm 0411, trans 4l60e is installed in it. I downloaded the express 2001 5.7 2wd file on gearhead Efi, thanks EagleMark. And programmed pcm. The engine started immediately. But idling somehow is not stable. I checked the marks of the distributor, he stood on the tooth later, put it exactly on tooth # 8. Started to work smoothly but error p1345 appeared. Poltergeist!
    Next: on the instrument panel does not show the position of prnd. The transmission at 2nd speed travels at a constant speed and there is no feeling of shifting. According to my suspicions, the problem is that pcm does not understand in what position the gearshift lever. I used express connection schemes 01-02. Wires connected to
    C1 32, 34, 72.
    C2 62. Can someone help me with something?

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Jimmy,

Is an L31 engine considered to be an LS engine for use with a PCM and an electronic transmission? If not, I don't believe there is much that can done here. Does your L31 have a crankshaft position sensor in the block above the starter? Does it have a camshaft position sensor at the top rear of the engine?

If it is an LS, I would suggest a crankshaft position sensor "relearn" to handle the P1345 code.

My 4L60E does not care what my "prnd" meter indicates and I have removed that hardware from the drivers side of the transmission attached to the gear shifter shaft. My 4L60E works very well without this hardware in all gears forward, reverse and over drive.

However, any 4L60E must have a speed reading from the Vehicle Speed Sensor in the tail shaft area to the PCM and then back to the transmission to shift properly. If you show a speed reading of zero miles per hour in the OBD2 PCM data, it will not shift. Why not? It thinks it is sitting still. No need to shift if sitting still.

Basically, your transmission is in "limp" mode.

Rick
    Last edited by B52Bombardier1; 05-17-2020 at 03:58 PM.
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Carb and Points!
    I'll have to do some digging, I've done this swap twice, 95 S10 within a LT1 and 96 Blazer with an L31 also with the P01 (0411) PCM swap, what OS are u using? Sounds like something is not set right in the cal or maybe missed a wire doing the repin, which distributor are u using? I know both the v6 and v8 dizzy has markings on them for either or but the reluctors are clocked different. Do u have a way to log it and see how far out the cam offset is?

Administrator
    Next: on the instrument panel does not show the position of prnd.
    We have had several of the vans using the 0411 / L31 / 4L80E combination in our fleet. I have found the PRNDL doesn't show the correct gear and the transmission will default to 2nd gear if the TCM is not programmed or if the transmission is distinctly different. Check to see if TCM programming is a separate operation.

Additionally, IIRC the 2001 Express file is for a 4L80E equipped vehicle. Confirm the calibration is correct for the 4L60E. If not you will need to modify the calibration.

Tolerance for the spark angle is very tight. IIRC it's 0 deg +/- 2 deg. The engine will run with the wrong angle but it will definitely set the CE light. Make sure the spark angle setting is correct before any further diagnosis for 1345.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello people)! I want to share my swap story! Ie their mistakes. The problems that I suspect that they are present, it turned out that they do not exist. After all, very big difficulties are created by incorrect equipment and its correctness. Launch x431 is probably very old and not very competent in solving complex issues. It does not see the position of the transmission and does not see what speed is turned on. After connecting tch2, all my problems disappeared like smoke)! I mean, what I suspected was just suspicion. The only thing that launch x431 can do is only see errors, and the current data is not up to it.
    And another problem that I created myself is the distributor from 4.3 does not work correctly on the 5.7 engine. But this is not yet accurate, I ordered a new one yesterday and it will come in two weeks. I think the error code P1345 will leave me along with the distributor from 4.3. Thank you all for the advice, it turns out that all the difficulties that we have most often we create ourselves.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 06-26-2020 at 09:49 PM.

I know this is an old thread, but Incase anyone doesn't know, there is a selection for PRNDL switch, options for trans mounted, none and another one. It's defined in HP tuners, and I think all xdf's I have looked at
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Hello people, I love you all. I wanted to share my impressions), my s10 works with a slight misunderstanding of reality). I've been the fastest pickup truck in town for a year now)! But there are small troubles, my speed indicator shows a speed less than it actually is, that is, if I drive 100km/h, then in fact everything is 120km/h. Because of this, my abs goes crazy when I stop, it slightly increases the braking distance. There is also a nuisance when switching from 1 to 2 speeds, if you press the selector to the position, the transmission does not switch and the transmission goes at maximum speed in first gear and I lower the accelerator after switching to 2nd gear. I think I'm starting to realize what the difficulty is, maybe it's the gear of the output shaft that reports the speed of the car. Apparently, the problems with abs and transmission switching are due to incorrect signals from speed sensors. So people write about their impressions, what consequences you had to face

Shift speeds are determined by vehicle speed. Should be able to fix it in the bin file.post your bin file, tire diameter, and gear ratio
    Also there should be something to how many pulses abs system recievs per mile.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better