Thread: no response from pcm is what winflash says, someone give me a hand?

Electronic Ignition!

no response from pcm is what winflash says, someone give me a hand?

first of all this is a 1994 v6 3.4 automatic transmission Camaro

I tell you in a summarized way what happened to my ECM,
    I started learning the topic of tuning, I bought the usb cable to aldl to use the winflash program and I started loading tunings very well, one day almost when I finished loading the tuning it was interrupted and then I could not try to read again nor write anything in the ECM (no respronse from ecm), ok i thought that the flash memory or chip flash had died and decided to take the chip from another ecm and solder it replacing it, result? (not respronse from pcm) they turn on the fans by turning the key in the swich position and the engine starts 2 seconds and turns off (before the accident that killed the ecm it turned on perfect the engine), they will ask why not just use the other ecm that they had obtained and the answer is that it simply does not start the engine in a stable way as with the original one that broke, it surely needs an expensive repair since you can see that Someone has removed electronic components but left enough to be able to read and write well, what is it that prevents even a scan?
    I am surprised that at the damaged ecm from which I removed the flash chip, I can perform a scan with scann9495, even start the writing process with winflash, but obviously it stops mid-process because it no longer has its flash memory, and the ecm at to pass the flash memory I can not even do a scan is unable to connect with my laptop, I leave some screenshots

ah I forgot, I found out by disassembling all the ecm that not only has a flash chip as I thought I saw that it has another identical on the card of connectors A and B black and white,
    the chip it replaced was only on the side of the blue C connector.
    IMG-20200508-WA0064.jpgScreenshot_20200513_220504_ph.spacedesk.beta.jpgScreenshot_20200513_220918_ph.spacedesk.beta.jpgScreenshot_20200513_221026_ph.spacedesk.beta.jpg
    the screenshots of winflash were taken doing a bin file write with the welding job done, before doing the transplant the donor ecm accepted a completely satisfactory read and write with winflash

I know that the wording of my English is not good because I use a translator so if something is not understood please tell me to edit it

Thank you for reading

Osiel Luna
    Last edited by Osiel Luna; 05-15-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    The pcm have 2 flash chips. It looks like you exchange the good one and leave the bricked one.

To revive the pcm remove the other flash chip, put socket, and program it with an eeprom burner, or solder a good flash chip in there.

Electronic Ignition!
    Do you mean that the chip that was bricked can I use it again by programming it with an eeprom burner?
    Last edited by Osiel Luna; 05-15-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    For sure, they are good for 100 000 erase/write cycles.

Electronic Ignition!
    do you think this burner can work for me?
    https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx...5-1c7c74d4ac09

another big question

should I only program one chip? What should I do with the other?

What should I write to one chip and what should I write to the other chip?
    Last edited by Osiel Luna; 05-15-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    The programmer needs to support intel n28f256 flash chips.

The bin is split in 2 halves. first part is written to chip1, second to chip2. Than you have to figure the correct locations for the chips.

Fuel Injected!
    If you put a socket you can program bad chips by hotswapping them. You will need a good chip to boot the pcm and load flash routines, than swap chips and write.

A little tricky but might work in the end.

Electronic Ignition!
    Como puede ver en este video, es un BIN de las existencias de mi Camaro 94, hay una parte llena del número 0 Creo que es la mitad del archivo, me acaban de enviar por correo el mini pro en el que escribiré un chip primero y supongo que se llena y ahí es cuando tengo que montar el otro chip para terminar de escribir.
    ¿Así es como debería escribir en arquitectura con doble flash? o de qué manera usas steveo?

https://youtu.be/wOg--ZHbeLI
    Last edited by Osiel Luna; 05-16-2020 at 03:52 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Last edited by Osiel Luna; 05-16-2020 at 03:56 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    If you put a socket you can program bad chips by hotswapping them. You will need a good chip to boot the pcm and load flash routines, than swap chips and write.

A little tricky but might work in the end.
    I had just planned that, install a zocket to reprogram without having to solder or desolder, just that it has to be precise to write the correct amount on each chip.
    have you had difficulties to calculate?