Thread: XDF for 9381344

Carb and Points!

XDF for 9381344

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please correct me if im wrong. I have a 2002 RCSB I 4.8 swapped from a v6. I had a local tuner flash the pcm to get it to run with the v8. I pulled the BIN from the ecm so I can take a look through it, and it says its a 9381344. I did a quick search here to see what XDF would work for this os, but couldn't find anything. anyone know which xdf is proper for this number? thanks in advance

Carb and Points!
    same, someone please help

Carb and Points!
    Kind of looking for one my self on a 2000 4x4 5.3 Silverado PCM. I'e tried using some other recomended XDF files and the data on the pcm doesn't make any sense and others have said the xdf is not correct.

Fuel Injected!
    I have one that is mostly correct, I'll try to finish it today and publish it.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidaV8 View Post
    I have one that is mostly correct, I'll try to finish it today and publish it.
    I did finally find one but the 9381344 is a weird OS that you have to open 4 or 5 different xdf's for. I have not done anything yet other than look at the data but I think I am going to overwrite with a different bin file that has a single xdf because its a huge nuisance switching back and forth to check things.

Fuel Injected!
    Well I was wrong, I don't have dedicated 9381344 xdf, but I've succesfully used 9360361 xdf for that os. They are virtually identical.
    I'll try to go through that OS on the next few evenings :)

Carb and Points!
    I'll double check later when I get home and see how it looks. I got to poking around and now gotta find out what the engine really is now (4.8 or 5.3) because the tune file on the pcm says other than what I was told about the engine.

Carb and Points!
    Need one also. Thanks.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by windsma View Post
    Need one also. Thanks.

I finally found one but ended up just installing a different tune and getting a different XDF. The reason is 9381344 is a weird tune that is broken into multiple XDF's for Tunerpro. I imagine it's not an issue if you are using HP tuner but in TP you are constantly having to change your XDF file to access different parts of the BIN file. Was a real pain in the ass just to try and see where the data was that I needed to change. There were also other factors oriented arounda dishonest duner sending me back a completely wrong engine tune file so ultimately I just used PChammer and rewrote my 512K P01 ECM with a different bin file that opens in one linear format. I consulted with a couple of tuners and they agreed and I was able to find a generic LM7 tune that will work fine, already has VATS removed (not really a hard thing to do) but also has the base OEM tune. Technically all I need to do is adjust for me axle ration and tire size and it will run.

For what it is worth I just installed the 12208322 bin file I copied off The Driveway engineers files section on the facebook group there. Pretty handy resource. If you want it send me a PM and I can set it up on a share file in my google drive and give you the link.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftwerksMC View Post
    you are constantly having to change your XDF file to access different parts of the BIN file. Was a real pain in the ass just to try and see where the data was that I needed to change.
    basically what i just did, we'll see if it works.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by windsma View Post
    basically what i just did, we'll see if it works.
    I'm still a ways out from having my hoopty running but I doubt it will be an issue overall.