Thread: 1990 Vette .bin issues. Need stock or stock with MINI Ram

Carb and Points!

1990 Vette .bin issues. Need stock or stock with MINI Ram

Sirs,

I have been experimenting trying to get a tune on this car for some time and the .bin file I have keeps popping codes everywhere. c41, h41, h54. Intermittent (4) ERR as well. It seems it will start and run fine for a start or two them BAM.. both fans on, service engine light. I have an APU, adapter on stock computer with ZIF. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by carguy007007 View Post
    Sirs,

I have been experimenting trying to get a tune on this car for some time and the .bin file I have keeps popping codes everywhere. c41, h41, h54. Intermittent (4) ERR as well. It seems it will start and run fine for a start or two them BAM.. both fans on, service engine light. I have an APU, adapter on stock computer with ZIF. Any help would be much appreciated.
    It would be helpful if you could post a log file that captures the items you described.

Codes, etc. are not due to the BIN's calibration settings. Both fans on and CEL = limp mode. Something possibly not right with ECM/APU/laptop connections. Guaranteed if using ZIF in ECM, the ALDL cable from the APU must be securely seated in the ZIF or all manner of strange things can occur. I know because I use that configuration. Moates does nor recommend a ZIF for that connection. Just had that conversation with then a few weeks ago. So if using it, strong and well-seated connection a MUST!