Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with 6e connection

help with 6e connection

Ok Im trying to connect on tuner pro on a 165ecm $6E mask. Im useing the basic adx file I got off of here. 165.6E.adx Now the problem im having is the cable is found and functioning and it is also trying to connect to the car but will not connect. I also have the resistor pin on correctly for the 165ecm. Im trying to help a friend with this over the phone. So any tips or ideas would be great. Thanks! This is a 1989 firbird 305tpi.
    Turbo 3.1/3100 V6 Thirdgen Camaro
    Best 1/4 mile 11.59@119Mph 15psi

Ha! Finally a reason for 10k... from what I have read car needs to be running, connect, apply 10k to start data flowing, then remove 10k... never done this, only read about it. Hope someone can confirm correct procedure.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    at the very least, Mark Mansur can confirm the exact procedure, he does have a 89 TA after all.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by fasteddi View Post
    Ok Im trying to connect on tuner pro on a 165ecm $6E mask. Im useing the basic adx file I got off of here. 165.6E.adx Now the problem im having is the cable is found and functioning and it is also trying to connect to the car but will not connect. I also have the resistor pin on correctly for the 165ecm. Im trying to help a friend with this over the phone. So any tips or ideas would be great. Thanks! This is a 1989 firbird 305tpi.
    Lots of reading, hopefully this link to my search terms "165 connect" work: http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/se...archid=5065702

It's been well covered over there, you should find multiple things to try, pay particular attention to what Mark Mansur has to say, since he wrote Tunerpro.

You can also check the forums at http://forum.tunerpro.net/ but I'm guessing there is more info on thirdgen. But two resources.
    "Frankentruck" is a "1985" K5, TPI 350 '165/6E (Vortec Heads, SDPC2000 base, roller cam, headers), 32 Spline SM465, 205 w/VSS, 10b/14SF, 3.42's and 33" tires. Soon to be boxed frame, '87 sheetmetal, and TPI w/ '727

Thanks for the help guys. I havent had time to try connecting again because ive been working my butt off latly. What makes me wounder is why my laptop and my cable worked on his car a few weeks ago.

But his will not work even though the cable is found and functionable, has the same files(adx, xdf) loaded in tunerpro Rt

But his will not work even though the cable is found and functionable, has the same files(adx, xdf) loaded in tunerpro Rt
    Computer problem. What cable? What computer OS?

USB cable. Port confusion.

aldl serial > serial to usb cable > usb computer > usb to serial driver > serial to turner pro rt.

It's a long & convoluted path the data must transfer through.

Check what serial put Windows has assigned the conversion to.

Check what serial port Turner Pro is configured.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by historystamp View Post
    Computer problem. What cable? What computer OS?

USB cable. Port confusion.

aldl serial > serial to usb cable > usb computer > usb to serial driver > serial to turner pro rt.

It's a long & convoluted path the data must transfer through.

Check what serial put Windows has assigned the conversion to.

Check what serial port Turner Pro is configured.

Robert
    Ok will do, thanks for the insite. Im going to the racetrack tommorow after work to get that straightened out..hopefully.

I think its a computer problem personally but just to be sure I need to get my hands on the equiptment. Its windows 07, cable from aldl cables.com(I have the same cable and OS personally)

I was trying to help the guy on the phone and its just not the same when your trouble shooting.

But then I second guess myself because tunerpro said the cable was found and functionable when I tested it. Like I said I'll get to work on it tommorow and let you guys know what happend.

Thanks for the insite and help.

Didnt get to race tonight because of rain but I did get his car to connect. Guess what was wrong?? He had a bent pin on the aldl cable port.... I noticed it as soon as I started playing with his car. Thats why I wanted to do it in person because I just couldnt think of what it could be..

Also im getting those error, glitches on his car now. That stuff drives me crazy. I will try to fix up the adx like eaglemark always did to my files for my camaro.

Im calling out for some help here, I can not seem to get the adx file to stop having those innoying glitches. I tried adding pauses and silence but to be honest I dont know what the heck im doing. Any help? Thanks

Heres the file I have at this point. I addeds some gauges and such to help out that boring adx file that it was.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post up your ADX file and I will take a loo later.

But the author of TunerPro owns a $6E car so I don't think you'd find a better answer then Mark Mansuar (Mangus).

-= =-

The adx file is linked up above. Its just that it glitches like my old adx's always did. Im just still lost on how to mod the files to work right. Its hard to read excel data with those irattional numbers scattered in.

Also eaglemark, I got my car to run constant 13.50's this weekend with a best of 13.36@102Mph. Thanks so much for the help over the last 6 months!

Super Moderator
    almost 12s!

you can go LS hunting!
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    almost 12s!

you can go LS hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddi View Post
    Also eaglemark, I got my car to run constant 13.50's this weekend with a best of 13.36@102Mph. Thanks so much for the help over the last 6 months!
    Sweet!

What did you do to gain a half second overnight?

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Sweet!

What did you do to gain a half second overnight?
    Really nothing else then launches. I finally got them consistant and faster. All sub 2 sec 60ft times. I also boxed the lower control arms last week. I didnt wana fork out the $$ for new ones so I just boxed them myself. They may of helped a tad for the lauches.