Thread: Electrical Engineer Stopping Bye!

Carb and Points!

Electrical Engineer Stopping Bye!

** unfortunate typo in the title of this post

Hi Everyone!

My name is Shane and I'm an Electrical Engineer based in the San Francisco Bay Area. I recently helped one of my friends to design some parts for his old Honda ECU based on some existing designs that are on the web and I figured there might be a larger group that would be interested in that type of help as well.

I'm not much of a car guy myself, but the stuff that I've been exposed to recently is really neat and is definitely getting me interested in a new world that I never knew existed. You'll probably see me poking my head into various threads as I try to wrap my head around all of the various topics that are floating around.

If you need my support with any kind of electrical design, then please don't hesitate to reach out so we can discuss.

I'm looking forward to getting familiar with all of the topics floating around!

-S

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

And welcome to the group. Head to the junk yard and grab some OBD2 wiring with the under dash connector for the construction of a bench harness - will also need a power supply at a few amps at 13.8 volts. Then grab any V8 motor GM powertrain control module from 1999 to 2007 as your lab rat PCM. Then jump in. This is how I got started and I've learned a lot since last fall.

Ask any question you want. Somebody here will know.

Rick
    Last edited by B52Bombardier1; 05-06-2020 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Clarity
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

The aftermarket fuel injection systems are interesting projects too. Seemingly the aftermarket attempts to make a "one size fits all" approach for a fuel injection system. Several aftermarket fuel injection systems use Wide Band Oxygen Sensors (WBO2) to "Learn or Self Tune".

I've often pondered the idea of gutting a GM computer and installing an aftermarket fuel injection system circuit board, but keeping the original harness connectors and original harness pin out. Imagine the affordability of using a factory harness with an aftermarket fuel injection system that Self Tunes with WBO2.

The overwhelming challenge is the factory cam / crank triggering system vs. the aftermarket cam / crank triggering system.

dave w