Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
it'd be nice to find the parameters so you could widen the angle that it considers a misfire and still retain some misfire detection, but other tools don't have that so people tend to just disable the error code so their dash doesn't blink at them. also the misfire detection doesn't SEEM to do anything other than flash the light, but nobody is 100% sure about that
I am sure (?) I can find it, once past these programming routines I will take a look. You are talking about the dtc.. right? There is a table where each dtc can be disabled/enabled. I sort of remember that there are four classes. I will refresh and post back later.

Somewhere in the last 25yrs I was told by someone (sort of vague?) that misfire was done by looking at the time between hi-res ticks. If she fires, the momentary acceleration of the crank would reduce time to the next tick. That & the
operation of the crank sensor beyond looking for the disable is probably a fall task. That is unless we all get locked down.
Easy to see how a lumpy cam would mess with all the crank acceleration stuff also.

-Tom