Thanks looking into this Steveo.

My latency is set at 3ms. I ran the same cases using 1 ms and 16 ms and got the same results. I also tried the two comm speed configuration options with no difference.
I ran the test you suggested - if I create the hang condition, then exit and restart flashhack it still can't connect and I get more of the same errors.
If I then cycle ignition power, everything works fine until I perform a vin/calid change or 'close-interface' again.
I even shutdown flashhack and pulled the usb, then replugged in and restarted flashhack all while keeping PCM powered up - no difference.

It seems to have something to do with the 'close-interface' command in the context of these operations and/or the subsequent reconnect. I went back to b0.5.9 which didn't close the interface after a vin/calid change, and they worked, just as b0.6.3 does after loading and unloading the kernel without manually closing the interface. Hit 'close-interface' after any of these operations however and the same errors appear and need to cycle PCM power.

Glad to help if there is something else you'd like me to try to get better insight into what's happening.

Jim