Hello,
I am planning on using a 427 ECU from a '95 350/4L60E on my 250 Inline.
I normally do mainly LS swaps at my shop, but because of the Siamese intakes on the 9 port head i'd rather not mess with MPFI, although that would be much easier programming wise.
Anyway, my thinking is that I see a lot of people trying to match the CID of the complete engine to the one they're trying to swap into -eg. Using a 4.3 ECU or memcal for a 250 since the size is closer to the 4.1L of the 250.
I see that the TBI is not sequential as it does not have a cam sensor, therefore it does not know or care when one cycle ends or where it begins.
Unless I am wrong this is a 1 pulse per fire system then it is irrelevant either the engine is an I6, V6, V8... or 16 cyl for that matter.
So I guess it would be better to match up cylinder displacement rather than total displacement when retrofitting a TBI or any non sequential ECU. Am I on the right track of has dementia finally caught up with me?
That would mean 350/8=43.75 is close enough to 250/6=41.66 to make it work. BTW the 4.3 had the same swept cylinder volume as the 350, but everybody knows that.
I will be using a nice tall PES RAM Intake from Tom Lowe and a single megaphone lakes style header and plan to upgrade to a three wire O2 sensor.
What are your thoughts on the 350 427ECU working for my Stock for now 6 Inline?
Thanks