Hello everyone. My name is Bob and I live in Van Buren, ARK. I’m retired now after 42 years in the welding supply and equipment business. My son has a shop for me to play in and we are working on some projects. We swapped a 2014 Silverado L83 into a Jeep CJ7 and it turned out pretty well. We bought a harness and PCM for that but I’ve decided I can modify a harness and get a PCM ready for standalone myself so here I am. I bought a 1994 LT1 that came out of a Fleetwood Cadillac about a year and a half ago. It looked lonely on the engine stand so I’ve started working on it. I’ve cleaned the harness up and have a PCM I bought out of a 1994 Firebird pinned up on a board to pull the bin, modify it and put it back. I hope I’ve connected it correctly. If not I have a door stop I suppose. I’m not sure what I will do with the engine. It’s in a run stand now and I just want to get it going.
Other car toys are an 88 Corvette we’ve had since 1990 and a replica Shelby Cobra I built in 2007 (it’s carbureted). Son has a 2017 Z06 I “have” to drive from time to time as well. The 88 Vette has performance issues so I’m learning about its brains and systems too.
Thanks and glad to be here.