Thread: International Scout Project

Fuel Injected!

International Scout Project

Greetings,
    So here we all are in the social distancing mode. Good time to make some progress on the various fun projects Like this Scout!
    The man says Carburators are acceptable behavior on this thread. Hope this finds the majority of my fellow gearheads in good health and good spirits.
    Moab fuel injected in the spring!
    Peace to All,
    Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Howdy Folks,

Started exploring the wiring. Not sure if i'll end up using this harness (it will certainly need some new connectors) but the process is teaching me for certain.

This Bench is based on an Eaglemark post i found when I first started to explore this site, His legacy lives on!

Special thanks to Dave W. C5 Wagner and Carl for helping me along this journey, your wisdom and kindness are appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Very cleanly done, looks like a great start!

Fuel Injected!
    Does anybody know whats the logic on 16197427 Ecm Pin F6 (fuel pump control to relay). Is this for prime only, or does it keep the relay energized to share the fuel pump load with the grey wire on the oil pressure switch?

Fuel Injected!
    When I wired mine, i didn't run it through the oil pressure circuit. One wire powers the relay for running the fuel pump and one wire lets the computer know the fuel pump relay is working. Don't remember which.

Fuel Injected!
    The stock configuration as I'm seeing it:
    Battery +12V (Orange) feeds the pump relay, the oil pressure switch, and (Hot at all times) to the ECM Pin E16
    Fuel pump relay control from the ECM (DK GRN) pin F6 controls the relay
    Relay and Oil Pressure switch feed the fuel pump when energized (relay energized, oil pressure switch pressurized)
    This Pump feed is Grey and also feeds the ECM (relay working) on pin B12

What has me wondering is if the relay is on all the time, the fuel pump would run regardless of the oil pressure switch position, which i would assume is there to kill the fuel pump in the event of no oil pressure.
    If this is the case, I would think that the oil pressure circuit is usefull only in the case of a relay failure.

Fuel Injected!
    no it does not kill the fuel pump if there is no oil pressure. the circuit is there so if the relay fails the pump will still get power once the engine has 3 or more psi. i suspect the circuits being tun in parallel will reduce the amperage across the the relay contacts but the main reason is to have an alternate means to supply power to the fuel pump.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the response tayto, all my research says you are correct. Redundant circuits.