Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SA tables

Quote Originally Posted by 84Elky View Post
    No need for trailer . Reviewed your knock reporting again. Forget the 3rd/4th gear test. Only need hard accel. Strange no knock at 100 kPa. Using your 32* table, I'd just reduce spark in increments of 0.5 degrees at 85 to 95 kPa between the RPMs reporting knocks until knocks disappear. Remember, this is trial and error but you are very close. Once you get that dialed in, might begin increasing spark at lower kPas to get more low accel pep. The spreadsheet merely provides a starting point.
    The reason I'm not getting knock at 100kPa at higher RPMs is I don't get 100kPa at higher RPMs, it only goes up to 90 - 95.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Using EBL configured Excel Spreadsheet, Summary Screen Shots from WB 4-01-20 .dat file posted above.

dave w
    Thanks Dave, looking at those tables, it looks like I'm not running as rich as I thought I was. I have PE AFR set lower. Is that because the average is picking up samples when not in PE?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    Thanks Dave, looking at those tables, it looks like I'm not running as rich as I thought I was. I have PE AFR set lower. Is that because the average is picking up samples when not in PE?
    The Excel formula for cell 1100 RPM's / 50 Kpa (Lower VE) : =AVERAGEIFS('Pasted CSV'!AW:AW,'Pasted CSV'!D:D,">=47.5",'Pasted CSV'!D:D,"<=52.49",'Pasted CSV'!B:B,">=1050",'Pasted CSV'!B:B,"<=1149",'Pasted CSV'!AC:AC,"=Y")

Column AC is Closed Loop Y / N filter. Only Closed Loop = Y is averaged.

GM TBI computers fuel Open Loop when PE is active.

Does the EBL computer fuel Open Loop when PE is active?

The above formula can be leveraged for PE Active Only AFR's. Every VE cell will requires it's own "UNIQUE" formula. A couple years ago I was needing something to do on a very long International flight, so I configured the EBL WBO2 spreadsheet.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    The Excel formula for cell 1100 RPM's / 50 Kpa (Lower VE) : =AVERAGEIFS('Pasted CSV'!AW:AW,'Pasted CSV'!D:D,">=47.5",'Pasted CSV'!D:D,"<=52.49",'Pasted CSV'!B:B,">=1050",'Pasted CSV'!B:B,"<=1149",'Pasted CSV'!AC:AC,"=Y")

Column AC is Closed Loop Y / N filter. Only Closed Loop = Y is averaged.

GM TBI computers fuel Open Loop when PE is active.

Does the EBL computer fuel Open Loop when PE is active?

The above formula can be leveraged for PE Active Only AFR's. Every VE cell will requires it's own "UNIQUE" formula. A couple years ago I was needing something to do on a very long International flight, so I configured the EBL WBO2 spreadsheet.

dave w
    Ahhh - I didn't realize you were averaging in CL only, that makes sense, I have it set for 14.7 AFR when in BLM. No, EBL does go into OL when PE, AE, and SA Launch Mode are active, AFAIK. I also have HLC enabled but when it goes into that, BLM stops so you're probably not picking that up either.

Ahhh - I didn't realize you were averaging in CL only, that makes sense, I have it set for 14.7 AFR when in BLM. No, EBL does go into OL when PE, AE, and SA Launch Mode are active, AFAIK. I also have HLC enabled but when it goes into that, BLM stops so you're probably not picking that up either.
    I take it back, it stays in CL when in VE and/or SA Launch modes, only drops out when in PE or Lean Cruise. So, I changed my SA table back to 32* @ 3200 and reduced by 3* when over all in. Ran a log and I don't get any KCs when in 2nd gear and very few when in 1st except when I did a 0-60 - all of the counts came then, again in 1st gear only, as soon as it shifted the counts stopped all the way up to 60 (~5100 RPM). Could these all be false counts like @84Elky suggested???
    Attached Images Attached Images

I take it back, it stays in CL when in VE and/or SA Launch modes, only drops out when in PE or Lean Cruise. So, I changed my SA table back to 32* @ 3200 and reduced by 3* when over all in. Ran a log and I don't get any KCs when in 2nd gear and very few when in 1st except when I did a 0-60 - all of the counts came then, again in 1st gear only, as soon as it shifted the counts stopped all the way up to 60 (~5100 RPM). Could these all be false counts like @84Elky suggested???
    I think you can ignore those knocks at 85 kPa and below. But, might still do this:
    Using your 32* table, I'd just reduce spark in increments of 0.5 degrees at 85 to 95 kPa between the RPMs reporting knocks until knocks disappear. Remember, this is trial and error but you are very close.

Also, certainly not going to recommend your tune; but if it were me, I would be looking at WB AFRs around 13.0 +/- at the higher kPas and RPM. Your's are around 14 +/- in the snips in Post #44.

The snips in post #44 were closed loop only. If I'm understanding correctly, EBL will go Open Loop during PE. That means the PE was not included in the snips data.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by 84Elky View Post
    I think you can ignore those knocks at 85 kPa and below. But, might still do this:
    Using your 32* table, I'd just reduce spark in increments of 0.5 degrees at 85 to 95 kPa between the RPMs reporting knocks until knocks disappear. Remember, this is trial and error but you are very close.

Also, certainly not going to recommend your tune; but if it were me, I would be looking at WB AFRs around 13.0 +/- at the higher kPas and RPM. Your's are around 14 +/- in the snips in Post #44.
    I'll try some reduction like you suggest and see how it goes.

Keep in mind those snips from Dave are while in closed loop with cAFR at 14.7, when I go into PE the cAFR and WBO2 feedback both go down into the 12s. I appreciate all of you guys' help and input - I'm still learning while having fun playing with this stuff!

I'll try some reduction like you suggest and see how it goes.

Keep in mind those snips from Dave are while in closed loop with cAFR at 14.7, when I go into PE the cAFR and WBO2 feedback both go down into the 12s. I appreciate all of you guys' help and input - I'm still learning while having fun playing with this stuff!
    Got it. Tks.