Thread: 89 TBI truck with B Body LT1 camshaft

Carb and Points!

89 TBI truck with B Body LT1 camshaft

Greetings, I am looking for direction for the Main and Extended SA tables for the above setup. The engine is running well after doing a VE learn with EBL Flash using EBL .40XDF. I started with a base .bin for a 1990 TBI 5 speed and made a few tweaks for my personal preference (like idle speed, etc.). The engine is basically stock with the exception of the roller setup and dual exhaust.
    Basically I am looking for a spark table to get the most out of the cam with low knock counts and 89 octane fuel. I do realize the limitations of the heads, etc. The truck pulls strong right now up to 4000 rpm which is all the higher I care to go.
    If anyone has modified SA tables that they have had success with, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks !

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RooThunder View Post
    Greetings, I am looking for direction for the Main and Extended SA tables for the above setup. The engine is running well after doing a VE learn with EBL Flash using EBL .40XDF. I started with a base .bin for a 1990 TBI 5 speed and made a few tweaks for my personal preference (like idle speed, etc.). The engine is basically stock with the exception of the roller setup and dual exhaust.
    Basically I am looking for a spark table to get the most out of the cam with low knock counts and 89 octane fuel. I do realize the limitations of the heads, etc. The truck pulls strong right now up to 4000 rpm which is all the higher I care to go.
    If anyone has modified SA tables that they have had success with, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks !
    Start with a Vortec truck timing table and tweak from there.

Link to Vortec Timing Tables: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-Throttle-ONLY!

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Perfect, I appreciate your patience and advice!!