Thread: Hello Need .xdf for 12205612 O/S -

Carb and Points!

Hello Need .xdf for 12205612 O/S -

Hello,

I just built a bench harness and purchased an OBDlink MX.

I am able to download the .bin file to my computer.

Want to import the .bin to Tuner Pro RT and play with the programming features.

My PCM is from a 2000 Tahoe and the O/S is 12205612. I do not seem to have an .xdf file that operating system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

As I learned very recently, it might be best to seek a different BIN that supports your vehicle and most importantly, already has an XDF that somebody has created.

More basically, what engine and transmission do you need inside your BIN? With that, we can see if a suitable pair of files exists. My prediction is that we can find something together and then you will completely abandon and overwrite your 12205612 BIN with the new OS.

Rick

Carb and Points!
    Thank you for the response.

The truck is equipped with a 5.3L Iron Block (LM7) and a 4L60E Transmission (M30). It is 4WD.

I am using a OBLink MX Bluetooth Adaptor to communicate with the PCM and I am running TunerPro RT software. I was able to download the existing .bin using the OBlink MX.

Thanks,

PCC

I am just starting to get into this stuff so any instructions/assistance/guidance on how to flash this PCM to a new OS and BIN are appreciated. This is a test case for me so I am not worried if it gets bricked.

PCC

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

I'm not sure I'm going to be of much assistance because your 4WD transmission seems to make finding a BIN rather difficult. I also run an LM7 with a 4L60E but I have a 2WD vehicle and the BIN and XDF that works for me is 12208322. However, I don't see any option within that BIN for changing the transmission type to 4WD. My PCM is a 512k byte P01 with the red / blue connectors.

I do see a potential P59, 1 megabyte BIN that might work for you in a 4WD vehicle but it is a blue/green PCM with slightly different wiring pinouts.

Let's see what others might say. Maybe the lack of a 4WD transmission choice in the 8322 BIN doesn't matter.

Rick

Fuel Injected!
    I gathered this in my travels, maybe it will work for you.
    -Carl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    Hello,

I do not plan to use as a 4wd and plan to swap the LM7 5.3 into a 66 el camino
    with a 4 speed. I was only giving the specs on donor.

What should I do? How do I flash new bin
    and os to pcm?

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

I ran across that BIN before and it appears to work within Tuner Pro RT. I had no real idea what an 02 Chevy "MPV" was so I lost interest in it. Use it within Tuner Pro with the following XDF file:

Things get complicated by writing here to explain everything needed to be done in Tuner Pro to this BIN. PM me and we can set up a time to talk by phone.

Is your actual donor 4L60E set up for 4WD? Its likely not the best choice for your swap.

Rick

P.S. - Nice choice on your vehicle.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by B52Bombardier1; 03-14-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by petercop View Post
    Hello,

I just built a bench harness and purchased an OBDlink MX.

I am able to download the .bin file to my computer.

Want to import the .bin to Tuner Pro RT and play with the programming features.

My PCM is from a 2000 Tahoe and the O/S is 12205612. I do not seem to have an .xdf file that operating system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Hello, I just created an XDF for OS 1205612 from my PCM's BIN using Universal Patcher. Hope it helps!