Thread: Do I need the VSSB?

Fuel Injected!

Do I need the VSSB?

Ok, I'm just beginning this learning curve, be nice!

I will be using a 16197427 for a 345 international scout II TBI conversion. Using a non electronic transmisssion (727 Chrysler automatic). I will be using a 2k vss on the existing speedometer cable. No cruise control. Do i need to wire the 95 VSSB for any reason or do i wire the 2 wire vss directly to the pcm? Which pins?

Additionally, I plan on using the moates ostrich 2. Will i need the G1 memory adapter, or any other adapters? I have a laptop with a vga port. Using Tunerpro. The computer is from a gm 95' full size pu. 5.7l

Fuel Injected!
    You have one lead of the JTR vss I sent you grounded (preferably one of the PCM grounds to engine block) and the other lead tied directly to pin F13 of the computer harness. Don't worry about the drac or pin F12 as those are only necessary for electrically controlled transmissions.

You would need a G1 adapter or modify a stock memcal with a 28 pin socket like I did using this link: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...r-27SF512-Chip

Fuel Injected!
    Since I just saw the other post got screwed by photobucket....

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks, this is great input.
    So the board next to the chip in the Memcal is the Knock sensor circuit? I'm assuming this replaces the older external ESC. I have been reading conflicting points of view on weather or not to run the knock sensor in my setup. Any recomendations ?

Fuel Injected!
    Something I forgot to mention is that there is an option in tunerpro that needs to be set. Find something labeled "input speed not from drac".

As for the knock circuit, it does replace the external esc module. I do hope someone else chimes in as I personally don't know weather to run a knock sensor or not on your engine.

Fuel Injected!
    I suppose i am "highjacking my own thread here, Is this frowned upon? I didnt want to start a new thread every time i have a new question.

Seems to me that most of the aftermarket TBI systems reccomend against the knock sensor, and most of the folks here go to extra lengths to find and use the right sensor. Ie late model (95') sensor for the 16197427. I did find and set the bin flag "input speed not from drac". appreciate the heads up on this.

Fuel Injected!
    Just for Information to anyone interested in the knock vs no knock sensor issue, Eaglemark addressed this here:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...or-in-TunerPro