Thread: Corvette PCM Update help

Carb and Points!

Corvette PCM Update help

HI and thanks in advance? for the help...

I'm trying to replace the OLD PCM in my 1997 Corvette (Service no. 16232148) with a newer one (service no 12200411)

I have the information for the required wiring changes but I'm struggling to identify a suitable OS.......

I'm using:

Front O2 sensors only
    Drive By Wire
    No VSS
    No A/C
    No VATS
    TH400 gearbox
    Single electric fan
    Electric fuel pump
    No PNR switch

Your input would be appreciated

Bob

Fuel Injected!
    I would start out with a 2002 Corvette Stick file. I am not sure which TAC module and pedal you will need to use. I would personally try to get a VSS signal.

What are you using to read/write/edit?

I have this file in TunerCat.cal format but if you need a .bin format I can load this into an 0411 on the bench and read it out as a .bin file.

Here is some info on this file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by In-Tech; 03-07-2020 at 02:52 AM.
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    Morning Carl,

A .bin file would be appreciated as I'm using TunerPro RT and PCM Hammer.

Do you know if there is an .ADX file available for this so once I get her running I can monitor the stats.

In case you've not guessed this is my first LS conversion/tune so I'm on a steep learning curve....

Bob

Fuel Injected!
    Hi Bob,
    I just got home from working on the dyno all day(565 cu in BBC supercharged marine, ended up safe 1412hp on 91 octane 13lbs boost) Tomorrow morning when I get to the shop I will bench program an 0411 and post a .bin file.
    Sorry, I know very little about TunerPro RT and don't know if there are files available for this operating system. I am curious about the RT...does the combination you mention allow real-time programming? I would be very interested in that. I have a roadrunner and thought that was the only way to do it besides making changes in ram then save and write to the PCM.
    -Carl
    Last edited by In-Tech; 03-08-2020 at 09:13 PM.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Here ya go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    In-Tech, TunerPro RT is a free program that lets you datalog in real-time (the ‘RT’), as well as edit BIN files. It is free software, with its only limitation being that it can only datalog or edit sources for which it has a definition (XDF for editing BINs, ADX for performing real-time datalogging). It cannot, to my knowledge, perform flashing.

DrBob stated he uses PCM Hammer to do the flashing, another wonderful piece of free software targeting 0411 PCMs.

Death to HPTuners and their credit system! Long live community hacking!
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya Nowakeman, I've seen TunerPro somewhere. I'm sure it's somewhere on this site, if it's easy can you shoot me a link for the main website of TunerPro and PCM Hammer so I can download some things and check it out? I'm with ya on this buying credits BS. I don't mind buying software/hardware for someone's hard work but paying every time something else comes up gets under my skin too. I've known John/TunerCat a long long time, great guy, and have no problem buying new stuff when it comes available. Thanks for the help :)
    -Carl
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry for having a moment of lazyness. lol Downloading PCM Hammer now and doing some reading. Will check into TunerPro next. Thanks all :)
    -Carl
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Downloading PCM Hammer now and doing some reading. Will check into TunerPro next. Thanks all :)
    -Carl
    Carl you can also try the LSdroid program. It is a android app for flashing ls1 pcm and some v6s also.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey thanks, I'll check into that later too. I'll stick with cables for now till I get a bit more comfortable. You guys have done some incredible work over there at pcmhacking.net and here too. Hindsight, I wish I would have paid better attention sooner. Sounds pretty good to load a file on the sd card in my phone and zap it down via a bluetooth interface

I don't want to clog this gentleman's thread so I'll look for some other posts on the droid stuff.
    -Carl
    -Carl