Thread: Drawings of a new different Throttle Body Injector

Fuel Injected!

Drawings of a new different Throttle Body Injector

I was recalling an old 1980s carb on Chrysler called a variable venturi.
    The idea was to have an adjustable venturi instead of typical throttle plates kind of cool idea but I know we scrapped a hundred or so at our carb shop because they corroded and froze in low temp and became horribly fouled.
    The main issue was that the venturi movement was actuated by MAP demand rather than attached to the throttle. The fuel at the time was pretty poor and typically contained all kinds of waste solvents. Sp if the engine didn't come up to operating temp from short drives the fuel would pool under the carb and slowly vaporize into the MAP sensing circuit. Literal Gunk.
    Any way I was thinking about using the idea for a throttle body injector it should provide better tip in and throttle response for low vacuum engines like single plane and high rise big cam engines.
    I sold one CNC and have not set up my little one at the house so I am machineless right now.
    I designed the injector Housing to accept 4 LS3 or EV14 injectors.
    Not sure off hand what the CFM would be cross-section of WOT is around 11 square inches. I do no recall what the LFPM of the SBC is answer if you know. I used to know on the TPI motors but have forgotten.
    In the picture and the sketchup file the Green is 6061 the blue is delrin or other high temp Nylon the grey is sheet steel.
    Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 5.31.16 PM.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Avatar is my motor 800 RPM 184ft Lbs Torque 18 inches x 18 inches x 9 inches thick external combustion engine.

98 WS-6 full tube chassis rally car Aluminum Block LS2 (soon to be LSX 376)(in Storage)
    95 Suburban 6 inch drop, Pioneer DVD in Dash 5.7 TBI, 220cc 2.02x1.60 64cc heads, Stainless longtube headers 2.5 crossover 3 inch exhaust, LT-4 roller cam.
    2002 Seville STS

Fuel Injected!
    Sort of looks like an old Predator carburetor.