Thread: Thanks for allowing me to join

Carb and Points!

Thanks for allowing me to join

I have a project I will be starting soon and I will need some advice from some of the experts here.
    My name is Jim I live in middle Tn. I enjoy working on Chevy/GMC trucks. Here is a list of my trucks
    1953 3100
    1972 C10
    1992 C1500
    1995 K2500 upcoming project (weekly driver)
    1999 Silverado 1500 (weekly driver)
    2004 Suburban 1500 Z71 ( weekly driver)

I want more power from my 95 GMC 5.7/NV4500 4x4 not to go fast but working it and towing.
    I have been going over all the options to upgrade. Only two of them will give me what I want.
    one of them is go with a 5.3 I already have 90% of what I need to swap it. This is what I leaning towards until recently. The 5.3 in my suburban seems to really have its power 3500 rpm and above which to me is a downside for what I need. Now I am thinking about buying a new L31 and using the TBI with a few other modifications . The programming is going to be my weak point. I am hoping to learn enough from all the experts on here to be able to get a good tune for my truck. I don’t think I will go ahead with it until I am confident I can tune it to work with the TBI.

Electronic Ignition!
    Welcome to the forum Jimsk2500! Nice collection. Glad to see someone else from middle TN on here. I’m pretty new on the forum and looking to learn how to tune as well. It would be great if you lived in Rutherford county we could help each other out as there is a lot of leaning behind tuning.

Carb and Points!
    I am right next door in Wilson county off 231 at the bottom of the hill.I definitely could use some help learning this