Thread: New Guy Introduction

Carb and Points!

Talking New Guy Introduction

hello, i am from a small town in Michigan. I am currently working on 1991 Chevrolet s-10 that I am stuffing a 5.3 Vortec in. Engine came out of 2000 1500 Silverado with 189,567 miles. I test drove the donor truck so I know the engine runs and the transmission shifts. I Suspected the owner never washed the truck once the whole time he owned it, lol. it was nasty. I tore it down and cleaned off all the years of oil and grime that built up on it and put it all back together. I have converted the trans to 2wd. I am ready to delete the vats and start this thing. That is why I am here, I am a complete dummy when it comes to tuning I am here to learn. I am a Heavy/Industrial Equipment Mechanic, Natural gas compressors, Back up Generators, basically any heavy stationary iron that has a Internal Combustion Engine on it, I will wrench on it. These baby gasoline engines are a new learning curve for me.

Administrator
    Hello and welcome. I was involved in stuffing an LS into an S10 truck. It was interesting mating the OE harness from the 2.2 manual to the LS pcm.