Thread: 1990 TBI 350 refuses to start and idle nicely, I have log files.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

1990 TBI 350 refuses to start and idle nicely, I have log files.

So, I have tried everything on this truck before getting a cable, and now I have logs of this stubborn thing refusing to work. Im a newb and would love some other folks to look at this with me.

Fresh tune up, IAC, New map sensor, TPS, temp sensor, and vacuum leaks have been checked and fixed. I have a second complete throttle body with brand new injectors that hasnt given me any better results. Im not having any luck at all.

During these logs you can see me attempting to adjust the idle speed. All tests were at 0% throttle. To simplify the diagnostic I wanted to keep it in closed loop so during one test I unplugged the O2 sensor. The software reported the TPS at 15% so I attempted plugging in the new TPS without installing it, where it began reporting a negative 12%. You can see this in the log. My final test was to use a different ECU.

My goal is to get the truck running well enough to give it to my sister. I have access to a Moats Burn 1 but I have never fussed with custom chips yet. I would love any input you have.

Link to Log files hosted on GitHub.

If you are not used to downloading things from Github, here is a photo showing how to download it. Click "Clone or Download", as shown in the photo, then "Download as zip".
    Last edited by The_Joe; 02-25-2020 at 08:48 PM.