Thread: 7060 ECU and TunerPro RT Datalogging, my log seems really strange

Electronic Ignition!

7060 ECU and TunerPro RT Datalogging, my log seems really strange

EDIT: I had used the wrong ADX file like a fool. Got the correct file and it was pretty clearly the TPS. Got the new TPS installed and the truck is running strong and idling correctly.

Hey everyone, I pulled my first log file today and I am feeling very confused. I downloaded the ADX file from this thread: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-85

I am using TunerPro RT and this cable: http://aldlcable.com/products/aldlobd1u.asp

The truck is a 454 that idles higher than I would like. In TunerPro the RPM seemed to go DOWN as the engine revved higher, the temp sensor [Brand New sensor] reports -40c and the IAC shows no steps. The map sensor also didnt move. Both tests were done sitting still, engine warm.

My gut is telling me the ECU must be bad... Im really hoping that I just dont have this configured correctly though.

Test 1.xdl
    Test 2.xdl

Starting with another new temp sensor and wondering if that will change anything. Thank you all for your help.
    Last edited by The_Joe; 02-25-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    If the ECU were bad, the car would not run and the dash would be going crazy. Getting bad data is more likely going to be a communication issue, whether that's physical (bad signal; wiring from ECU to ALDL connector) or software (incorrect ADX definition, bad serial driver, etc). I would want to make absolutely sure that the serial data connection is doing what it's supposed to before I started trying to blame the ECU or diagnose problems using bad data.

I'm not familiar with that particular computer, but if there is a way to switch it into diagnostic mode I would do that first. Run through the built-in diagnostics without a computer and see if any codes come up, not to mention checking to make sure it actually properly enters said diagnostic mode. If so, you can be pretty darn sure there's nothing wrong with the ECU.

Best of luck.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
    If the ECU were bad, the car would not run and the dash would be going crazy. Getting bad data is more likely going to be a communication issue, whether that's physical (bad signal; wiring from ECU to ALDL connector) or software (incorrect ADX definition, bad serial driver, etc). I would want to make absolutely sure that the serial data connection is doing what it's supposed to before I started trying to blame the ECU or diagnose problems using bad data.

I'm not familiar with that particular computer, but if there is a way to switch it into diagnostic mode I would do that first. Run through the built-in diagnostics without a computer and see if any codes come up, not to mention checking to make sure it actually properly enters said diagnostic mode. If so, you can be pretty darn sure there's nothing wrong with the ECU.

Best of luck.
    That is helpful, thank you.

I jumped the port with a piece of wire and got code 12, which just means its in diagnostic mode. No other codes and it does indeed go into diagnostic mode.

This was the newest ADX file I was able to find, any recommendations of where to look? It would seem this ECU isnt very common. =/

Electronic Ignition!
    As it turns out, there was a better ADX file in that same thread a bit further down, I am still confused by the reading but they all seem correct now. I have a lot of googling and learning to do! =D