Thread: Tuner Pro "No" To Changing Certain Parameters

Fuel Injected!

Tuner Pro "No" To Changing Certain Parameters

Hello,

I have a question and I would ask it on the Tuner Pro RT forum but it appears that Registration is currently disabled on that forum. Obi Wan Kenobe . . . you are my only hope.

I have a BIN and its mated and matched XDF file open on Tuner Pro but I'm a little perplexed when the program strongly recommends that I "NOT" change something. I mostly see this in the "System" tab when I want to change the engine type and transmission type.

Should I worry or proceed on to change these items? Will this destroy the calibration data if I make these supposedly forbidden changes?

Many thanks,

Rick

The fuel table and spark table parameters are the most common to make adjustments to. The emissions parameters are the next most common.

Until you have a good understanding of what the parameter does, do not change the parameter.

Please post your parameter question, but be very specific. It is very helpful to Post the .bin file and the .xdf file your asking a question.

dave w

Fuel Injected!

Tuner Pro "NO"

Hello Dave,

OK, many thanks for the reply - bin and xdf attached. I have not written anything to a PCM so no worries (yet) about possibly bricking a PCM. Even when I do eventually write something, it will be using a three amp powered, bench harness to a lab rat, junk yard PCM for a vehicle that is not my daily driver.

Please note the red circle on the picture attachment. If I can't pick a different engine or transmission within the System tab of an OS where I arguably have a correctly supporting XDF file, how do I do it? I would like it to be a 5.3 liter engine and 4L60E transmission, VIN change not required. There are other things I'd like to change but I won't because of the same warnings.

Still learning here.

Many thanks,

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by B52Bombardier1; 02-11-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Thank you for posting the .bin and .xdf you are working with.

I use TunerPro for most of the OBD1 computers I work with. I use TunerCats OBD2 for most of the OBD2 computers I work with. I have not used TunerPro for OBD2 computers.

Hopefully other members using TunerPro for OBD2 will reply.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Again,

And still learning. Please see attached Tuner Pro RT screen shot picture. Its the red calibration numbers at the top right that worry me. I believe that this BIN and this XDF file are "meant" for each other. Do the red numbers for the calibration values indicate that they really are not meant for each other or that perhaps the BIN was tampered with before I got it?

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by B52Bombardier1 View Post
    Hello Dave,

OK, many thanks for the reply - bin and xdf attached. I have not written anything to a PCM so no worries (yet) about possibly bricking a PCM. Even when I do eventually write something, it will be using a three amp powered, bench harness to a lab rat, junk yard PCM for a vehicle that is not my daily driver.

Please note the red circle on the picture attachment. If I can't pick a different engine or transmission within the System tab of an OS where I arguably have a correctly supporting XDF file, how do I do it? I would like it to be a 5.3 liter engine and 4L60E transmission, VIN change not required. There are other things I'd like to change but I won't because of the same warnings.

Still learning here.

Many thanks,

Rick
    I can tell you that changing those parameters with HP Tuners has no effect on the operation of the vehicle. Changing the cylinder volume parameter does though. Same with changing transmission type. No effect. People will try to make a calibration originally a 4L60 run a 4L80 by changing the transmission type parameter when it tales a segment swap to do that. My guess it is only for identification purposes only.
    Last edited by 2xls1; 02-12-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

Many thanks to all who have answered here. I will try to keep the number of supremely stupid questions that I ask to a minimum but I will likely still ask plenty of only generally stupid questions.

Such as - How does Tuner Pro RT support a segment swap? Is it even possible because I see nothing about segment swaps in the Tuner Pro Help.

I see that LS Droid has a Segment Swap utility and I have supplied the information for a primary and alternate operating system but nothing happens after that. What am I missing here with LS Droid?

Many thanks,

Rick