Does this (93'-95') sound like a reasonable approach for a pretty smart guy with alot to learn, Or would i be better off going with something more immediately usable (Ie earlier setup with 1227747) with the intention to upgrade as my knowledge allows to the faster computer. I understand that reprogramming is a lengthy topic. I am willing to research and obtain the necessary equipment to do the programming. I have downloaded tunerpro and plan to start loading and learning to work with the files (thanks for the link). Sounds like many of the 93' -95' features including the transmission (depending on donor vehicle) would need to be dissabled or programmed to avoid codes associated with no connection. Can the original chip in the computer be reprogrammed or does one install a chip holder and change chips? I'll become more confident as i further understand the programming process. Proficiency will come with experience. Thanks again Dave, starting to look like you are one of one at this point.