Hi. The information here is absolutely amazing! Thank you for all of your hard work!
I have a 1990 Iroc-z with the 5.7. A gift from my husband for Mother’s Day last year. I pulled the original engine and put in a 90 vette as a temp so I could rebuild the original. (Wanted to be able to drive and fix other stuff while saving for new parts and machine work) Vette has a blown head gasket but still drivable which gives me lots of other issues to solve. Car had major problems and the backyard mechanic that worked on it before me deserves a throat punch. I have been driving for a day then working on it for a week since we put the engine in. (90% not engine swap related)
I’m here because the new engine will need tuning. I removed EGR and A/C, added headers, using 24lb injectors that were on the original engine.
Mostly little stuff for now but not sure what the new engine will be just yet so I have a lot to learn.
Once I have this one figured out, we have a 03 Sierra that needs some tuning and a 93 Mustang that runs like crap when it’s cold.