In the last few weeks of working with my $8D and $EE computers I have begun to wonder how the computer uses the Hex code and the deciphering of the instructions. I have a very basic grasp of how programming works but would like to try my hand at simply picking appart the files to see what makes them "tick". I want to figure out how to decipher the bits we cant see with tunerpro so changes could be made or for a better understanding of why it cant be done. There is a feature I want to work on figuring out that I believe is unique to the ARFP bin as a place to start. The 1990 Corvette has an upshift light that is directly wired to the ecu. Existing documentation says for an L98 engine that it only works to tell you to upshift to 6th at highway speeds. I want to see if that can be changed to a set RPM.

So far I know the code must be disassembled but I can not find a program to do this at least with the information I have. I have heard about IDA but the freeware doesn't look like it will support this bin file. Any help would be great