Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom build 1990 Mustang stock injection need help

Super Moderator
    individual trims are used for commanding slightly different BPWs for each cylinder, not a SFI->MPFI transition. IIRC, EE has two individual cylinder trims, one for idle and one for non-idle? that constant is probably used for switching between the two.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaje72 View Post
    Some questions. What is your fuel pressure? What injectors? What EECIV manual (A9L) or auto (A9P) or something else? Is it a manual or auto tranny? Do you have a VSS wired in?
    If you are using a manual ECU with an auto tranny and no VSS you will get those stalling issues like you described. I had this issue when I switched over to an auto tranny. I switched to the auto EECIV and it worked good with no VSS. It still idles down pretty far when coming to a stop but doesn't stall. This is on a 5.0 though. How did you get the pip signal from the caddy ignition?
    Back to the VSS thinger. No mine isn't plugged in nor is the speedo plugged in. I think that VSS has 4 or 5 wires and is a round shape plug. The funny thing is not only coming at a stop does it do a low idle but also going down the highway it boggs some times like its not getting much fuel. Would the VSS wire do that also?

Fuel Injected!
    I doubt it. I do not have a VSS at all and I have no other issues. My setup is on the engine that it was designed for though. You have such an odd combo of parts its hard to trouble shoot anything without the ability to datalog. I am curious why you didn't just use a GM EFI system.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaje72 View Post
    I doubt it. I do not have a VSS at all and I have no other issues. My setup is on the engine that it was designed for though. You have such an odd combo of parts its hard to trouble shoot anything without the ability to datalog. I am curious why you didn't just use a GM EFI system.
    Yea it would of been nice to have the computer and all GM instead of the Ford swap. The guy that built it said he did it for better performance. The stock GM one lagged a little and the throttle body is smaller so that's why he changed it.

Carb and Points!
    I joined just so I could reply to this thread. But after having taken a look around I think I may throw my 2 cents in a few more places here. :)

Anyway, the problem Ruffy lies in that if you are using the stock Tune on the EEC-IV for that Caddy motor you have to know that that tune was specifically written for a 302. Things like Injector Slopes, Injector Break Points, Throttle Body Air Flow, MAF Xfer table, Injector Timing, Intake Fill Rate(and a few I know I'm missing) all play in idle quality. Simply that EEC-IV was not designed to work on that motor even if you have all the correct Sensors and Injectors. The Air Flow design of that engine is going to be way off from that of a 5.0HO. You will need a EEC-IV Emulator chip like the QuarterHorse so the tune can be modified if you plan on keeping it.

See: http://www.moates.net/quarterhorse-for-fords.html