Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tunerpro RT $4F connection problems

Quote Originally Posted by duecepipes22 View Post
    is it a good thing that i got past 100 kpa? Does it say anything about how i'm flowing air? no data for that but i beleive you are going to see nothing but improvements and big ones if you learn to tweak this right!

when you say i need a restart after each 1/4 turn do you mean i need to reset the computer once everything is adjusted and idling? yes!

i don't doubt that the throttle shaft is worn because i can feel a slight wiggle to it but i never considered that they could be leaking vacuum because of it... Shoot. I just tried swapping the tb off a '91 burb that had no play in the throttle shafts but one of the vacuum lines is different on it. What kind of a job is it to replace shaft bushings? I know one place i talked to about flow matched injectors said they would do a complete rebuild for $300 but i don't wasn't sure if i could do it myself. way cheaper options available, even find a low mile used, my suburban is tight at 125k, you may not even need that vacuum line?

i also noticed while data logging that i was throwing a "high battery voltage" code. Is that a problem? probably not as that was the only thing differant between the 3 files, if you used the hd you probably need the ld
    hth!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Sounds good. So you think there is still some power left on the table?

I actually think the vacuum line was for my MAP. I'm not looking at it right now, but I just remember thinking that there was no way I wanted to mess with switching it around. I'll have to check the local bone yards.

Just so I get this right and make it easier on you, I'm going to type it all out and you can tell me if this is right. To adjust minimum air, I turn ignition on, connect pins A and B, unplug the IAC, start engine, turn down screw 1/4 turn, shut off engine, plug in IAC, start engine, make sure its in closed loop, rev engine, let it idle, shut off, reset ECM, repeat whole process.

I'll try the LD file tomorrow! As always, THANK YOU!

Vacuum for MAP is always there and center rear of TBI, between fuel lines.

IAC = no... your combining the proper way and my shortcut and got it all wrong!

Proper way is engine toatllly warmed up. Turn off, cross A and B turn key on and walk around to pull plug off IAC, it will be closed by the time you get there. Remove A and B, start engine and wait for Closed Loop, adjust idle to 100 RPM below setting in bin file. Engine off, plug in IAC, clear codes. Should end up 20 to 40 IAC counts CL idle.

My way, or I should say another way I found that works is while warmed up CL idle and looking at Scan Tool/TunerPro and IAC is low or high, so if low/no counts close throttle blades, if high, open throttle blades. 1/4 turn, turn key off 10 seconds, this clears the power off which is usually 5 seconds and resets TPS to 0 %, start engine and rev till closed loop, let idle and check IAC. Rinse Repeat. I can do other things while doing this, usually have my next few steps/checks already planned, don't get to close to me while working on one, I may change dierection and knock you down!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Haha I'll remember to stay out of your way if you are adjusting your idle!

Glad I asked about the methodology of getting that adjusted. I got mine adjusted so I have about 20 iac counts. I had to readjust my TPS because it didn't reset itself. I was also able to order my burn2 today so I'll finally be able to figure out what my bin looks like.

In that data log I posted on here, why is it that there are only values in one of the MAP columns? Is something not right with my data logging that it didn't fill in all the boxes? Also can you look at your spark advance to see what the timing is ACTUALLY doing or can you just look at the bin and see what its SUPPOSED to be doing?

TPS voltage will not reset. It is the TPS% that resets in the ECM to 0.

Well the reason the BLM history table was only doing one line was this ALDL data stream only has MAP voltage, the value for MAP kpa is a conversion from voltage and it was wrong. I fixed it.

But the BLM history tables in HD or LD do not match the fuel VE table so they need to be redone. Wish I had time but not going to happen till fall! Here's a write up I did on how to make them and you can readjust to match the VE table.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...es-in-TunerPro

There is also no spark advance in the ALDL data stream so best way to see where you are in bin is to use data tracing, I set up the spark table, take a look here on how to use it and make it work for other items.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...unerPro-How-To

I just looked at a $4F bin file Main Fuel VE table and it is by far the worst thing I have ever seen in my life!!! Click on graph to see? The GM engineer who built the fueling for this should be hunted down and shot! Main Spark is also a disaster... I know what we have today is better then what they had then, but this is ridiculas! Rocky Mountains are a flat plain compared to these...

Maybe while I'm in the hospital with no internet for three weeks I will do a write up on how to build a smooth spark and fuel table to start with...
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hospital for 3 weeks? I hope everything is OK!? Thanks for fixing the file!

Well hopefully the guy that burned my chip worked out my fuel table but in all reality, who knows what he did. Hopefully my burn2 will be here in a couple of days so I can have a look and upload it on here, of course you will probably be stuck in the hospital when I get it so I will try to patiently wait!

With my lack of knowledge, I'm not sure what you mean by "the BLM history tables in HD or LD do not match the fuel VE table so they need to be redone" but I'm always up for learning so I'll look into it.

I hope everything goes well in the hospital and thank you so much for all your help!

Lots of guys to help while I'm sidetracked. Read the history table thread I made and it'll get you into what is possible with TunerPro. Basics are done! Just that MAP and RPM do not match VE table, once you read and look you'll see what I mean.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I got my Burn 2 in the mail today. I hooked up my chip and tried loading my bin with flash & burn and then opening it with tunerpro but when I open it with TP it doesn't show that there is anything on the chip. All my numbers are 0. Do I need to change my chip and buffer addressing? Right now my chip is 000000 to 00FFFF and the buffering is 000000 to 000000.

Super Moderator
    trying to read a 2732? or something else?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    No, I was reading the right one... I checked it several times to try to avoid looking like an idiot. I might have it working though. I loaded a different bin on flash and burn for my truck and burned it to my spare chip and some different address numbers came up. I then used those address numbers to read my chip and I was able to get my bin off it. I'm a little confused though because there is a blue light on the Burn 2 that turns on sometimes and doesn't other times. I've had it stay on even when I took the chip out and another time it never turned on whether the chip was in or not. Do you know when it should be on?

Super Moderator
    IIRC, the light will flash 3 times, then a slight pause, then flash 3 times again, when the chip is in correctly.

or at least that's the way it works for the 29F040.

Fuel Injected!
    Interesting... I'll have to play with it a little more. Do you know why I wouldn't have VE tables in TPRT? I have a main fuel table and thats it. Mark had told me to make a BLM history table to match my fuel VE table but I don't think I have one.

Super Moderator
    main fuel = main VE. same thing, different term.

Fuel Injected!
    So much for avoiding looking like an idiot.... So is that the only fuel table I have to work with then? I uploaded a $42 mask and it has 3 different fuel tables. Is that because people have gone into more depth with that mask because its more common? Thanks for the help BTW!

Super Moderator
    depends. certain masks have different setups. some have idle + main, some have idle + main + adder, some even go alpha-n for idle. personally, for nAst1 i setup a set of 3 tables, 20-100kPa in 5 kPa increments, 400-2000 in 100RPM increments, 2000-8400 in 200 RPM increments. no differentiation between "idle" and "main" other than the reflection of the MAP sensor and RPM moving around. totally overkill, but it's an idea of how wildly different you can find things.