Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Tunerpro RT $4F connection problems

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry guys for the slow update, I've been pulling my hair out with problems with the truck but after 3 weeks of problems, I think I got things sorted out and wanted to give you all an update. Truck is running great with the new GMPP distributor. My "flicker" in the timing was due to plug wires arcing. I've been through 2 sets of borg warner selects and a set of delco plug wires and I'm still getting a little arcing but I've done everything I can to keep the wires apart and it seems to be better. Putting a new set of plugs in helped the arcing too but hasn't completely solved the arcing from the boots to the block and coil to intake. Anyway, the dizzy works great and would thus far recommend it to anyone looking for a new one. I got my from scoggin dickey but they just increased the price about $40 from when I bought it a month ago.

On a different note, I just discovered turning off the PE delay in my bin and for the first time actually felt what PE feels like! Not sure what to put the other settings at but so far I like it!

I also have a question... I just enabled data tracing for spark advance and VE table and its working fine for the spark advance but for the VE table the black "marker" thing that shows where you are running only goes up and down in the 20 kpa column, it won't go over to the other map columns. I did everything the exact same as the spark advance but I can't get the VE to work properly. Any suggestions?

Look at the X axis and Y axis, it sounds like Map and RPM are swapped for data tracing.

Wonder if your coil is shot? Is that where arcing is?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    You are too quick for me! I just figured it out and was going to delete the question.... I realized I had accidentally clicked "load" instead of "manifold air pressure" for the x axis data type. Its working great now!

Its arcing from the coil to the intake and then a few wires are arcing from the boot to the head. It almost looks like the porcelain on the plug is lighting up. Its not as bad as it was before putting the new plugs in it but for 2 days after I put the new plugs in, it ran perfect and now I'm starting to noticed a slight miss again at idle.

As I said before, I messed around with some of my PE tables and scalars but I don't know if I did something I shouldn't have. Would you mind having a look at it to make sure I maxed out its potential without blowing anything up? I put the AFR at 12.5 because from what I read, it was a safe ratio for not being too lean or rich but I still don't understand how that can affect anything without having a wide band.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You really have to get the spark/arc in order before you do much or it's all probably in vain...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    indeed, improper spark will cause lots of odd issues... really messes with O2 sensor readings when it gets to the point of incomplete combustion. and since fueling is almost always in closed loop for a street-driven car, that's a problem. spark, to some degree, is closed loop as well(knock sensor).
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Do you have any suggestions for what might be going on? I've checked grounds over and over again. New dizzy, wires and plugs. Any chance these wires got carbon tracked while I was still using the old plugs? (by old I mean 2 years and 11,000 miles) Only thing I haven't replaced is the coil but would that cause arcing at the boots as well? I looked at my coil and it isn't cracked or have any burn marks on it.