Thread: New old guy.

Carb and Points!

New old guy.

I started life as a mechanic in the 60's and got reinvented from there. Worked on computers for 35 years until the PC's took over and being a hardware tech was no longer valid.
    I have worked on my own cars my whole life. My first injected car was an 88 Lincoln Town Car. It was map controlled and not modification friendly. In 95 I put a 95 Mustang HO crate engine in it and had to do a MAF conversion. Made a big difference and I gained a lot of experience on computer cars.
    When I sold the 88 it had 630,000 miles on it and the buyer took out the drive line for a Bronco he was building.
    I currently have a 97 Ford E350 Box Truck, 96 Ford F150 pickup, 2005 Lincoln Town Car, and a 2006 Lincoln Town Car.
    My hobby is now diagnosing car problems and fixing.
    I have a Launch X431 Mini Pro and other electronic tools to assist me in this learning journey.
    BTW I live in Colorado.

I'm always impressed when 60's era mechanics include EFI in their skill sets.

The gearhead-efi Ford section is located here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rd-EFI-Systems

dave w