Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emmulation and $0D Programming Issues, and Commanded AFR 94 Chevy K1500 5.7

Fuel Injected!
    Excellent, Let us know how it goes.

Carb and Points!
    Unfortunately no luck. Spent about an hour testing the cable out. It's still causing the truck to shut down and check engine light flash and all sorts of things. I'm hoping that the Moates group will call me later this week to discuss. I'm starting to think theres an issue with the emulator itself. It's burning chips with no issues. It's logging with no hick-ups. just cannot emulate without it glitching and killing the truck. Hopefully Dave at Moates Support will call me later this week and maybe we can sort out whatever the issue is.

Fuel Injected!
    slimpikins, did you have any luck with talking to Moates ?

Carb and Points!
    Dave has been very good to work with. So far other than their weird work schedule Dave has been very good to respond to e-mails even if it takes a few days to hear something. I can tell you this much. I've e-mailed him after 9:30pm and received a response that night. They have still been working with me on this issue even with the laps in time between when he's sent me parts and the time that I actually get to use it. To answer your question though they've asked me to send in the Autoprom for them to test and repair or replace it. Hopefully for both of us they can figure something out.
    Last edited by slimpikins0; 02-17-2020 at 03:42 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I hope he finds out what the issue is, I have had my Autoprom for two years, when I figured out there was something not right with it after going through the entire electrical system on my truck thinking it was a harness fault I contacted Moats to try and sort it. I had sent them a data log with the eratic problems and never heard back.

Fuel Injected!
    I had the exact same issue this week working on an 0D whipplecharged app. I have a couple romulators from xtronics. To check those I read the emulator using my eprom programmer to verify the file. The problem ended up being the moates zif adaptor. Not knocking moates at all as zif adaptors are notorious fail points when using machine pins whereas the soft pins of a chip usually work. Cold solders are always a problem with anything so definately re-silver solder all points, just one note with a zif socket, always slide the connection back and forth while slowly closing the zif socket so it "digs" into the pins for better conductivity.
    -Carl
    -Carl