Thread: TunerCat OBDII software with a RoadRunner ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Tunercats OBD2 is much like the OBD1 version. I have never used it with a roadrunner so I don't really know what functionality that adds. I don't think it logs does it?
    In playing with EFILive demos it sure does have some pretty cool features. Their V2 interface is very nice. Personally if I were going to buy something to use in a professional environment where it was going to generate cash I think I might lean towards EFILive like Dave W did.

RoadRunner replaces PCM lets you tune Real Time, when done reinstall PCM and flash with tune. Only works on certain amount of cars, but owning one allows you to buy TunerCat OBDII and defs. This was tied in before sale of TC OBDII to Jet, which is back to same $100 per license deal... which I want to avoid!

If I were to get a Dyno and a shop then EFI Live would probably be my choice. But at this point in my life I am content with doing what I love to do, at home, in person, for a few extra bucks now and then without starting a new business in a horrible economy with uncertain future!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    think of the roadrunner as a PCM with a permanantly installed emulator... since that's what it is.

TC OBD2 is a decent way into the OBD2 game, since not only is there decent support, but new definitions seem to keep being relased as well.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    TC OBD2 is a decent way into the OBD2 game, since not only is there decent support, but new definitions seem to keep being released as well.
    I've been wondering and watching the new defs. Thought it would be dead in water after sale to Jet... I think these new defs and software is tied in to Westers Garage in Canada as the software is surprisingly similar?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    Westers is using TC with a westers logo.

for the right price, you too can have the same treatment.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Administrator
    Wester's is one of a few companies using TC rebadges. Parameter changes mentioned above are for editiong parameters in def file. Save tunes with any name you want.

I use Snap-on scantool. I think the scanner program offered by Wester's looks good.

If I was starting fresh EFILive might be the route I'd take, too. Actually, if I was doing this in volume I'd have both HPTuners and EFILive.

TC makes new defs so JET can keep selling software and to support the many, many dealers with TC software.

If Orielly's management follows Advance Auto / Wal-Mart plan, get him out before he works himself near to death only to get fired or pissed off at the whole chain.

Need to get racecar drivers as neighbors.