Thread: BACKWOODSMACK

BACKWOODSMACK

CARB TO TBI on a Chevy 383

Which TBI computer are you using?

dave w

Dave, I have never used a forum before so excuse my naivety about these things. My first post was an attempt to register. To my problem, I've a '84 sbc 383, ext balanced flex plate, performer 2701, crane 260 cam (was a 268 I believe). I want to put this into a '94 C-1500 with a 4L60E and maintain all the computer peripherals and appurtenances, TBI included. For the intake, I have an adapter square bore to TBI. My two major questions, will the flex plate (was backed up with a TH350) work with the 4L60E torque converter and what do I do with the EGR from the C1500. No smog requirements in the state.

I'm not sure about the flexplate question, maybe the 383 has an aftermarket flexplate?

The chip in the 94 C-1500 will need to reprogrammed to delete the EGR and change the displacement to 383.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Imma thinkin bout bolting a 4L60E to some old iron...and came up with this...drop down to last paragraph and note external weights+aftermarket flexplate. Does that mean it'll clear OEM???
    https://www.streetmusclemag.com/tech...rchange-guide/

Administrator
    It does appear the TCI flexplate works with the metric 4L60E fasteners.

I can't believe the can of worms I got myself into. I guess these kind projects keep me out of the bar. Thanks to Stew for the link. Next step is to remove the C-1500 engine and trans and just see what will bolt up and not. Thanks all.