Thread: New guy from Sweden in need of good advice

Carb and Points!

New guy from Sweden in need of good advice

Hi!

So I am the owner of something that is really rare in Sweden, a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo! I´ve had it for over 10 years now and the problems I have encountered I have been able to solve using on-board dignostics. The last year however it has not been running well and I finally got around to look at it. It runs like crap when you give it a lot of gas. You don´t really notice in when you drive it like a limo should be driven but it is running really rich. The only code I can see is code 34, faulty MAP-sensor and I have replaced that. I have tried to get several programs to read my live data using an aldl-cable but none seems to work. I think i have a rare ECM (
    16159280?)
    and winALDL does not display any data. TunerPro RT displays some data using the A138.ads but nothing that makes sense, the numbers are all jumping like crazy even though i pulled all main fuses besides ign1.

Does anyone have experience with these cars? They are from what I understand very similar to Roadmasters, Caprice and Impalas but apparently not in this regard. Anyone know an ads-file that works in TunerPro? Or might have any other idea what might be wrong?

This is what I have tried:

Set base timing (the right way with the connector properly connected to ground)
    Checked fuel pressure both running idle and under load
    Checked vacuum, no leaks to be found and vacuum is really good
    TPS checked, 0.5volt at idle, 4.5volt at WOT and smooth operation all the way
    MAP replaced
    New distributor cap and cables

Car runs good up until about 50% throttle. Above that it only starts to make an intake sound and it loses most of its power. It feels like the timing is way off. I hade timing problems after I replaced the heads a few years back, same feeling.

Sincerely,

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hultstrom View Post
    Hi!

So I am the owner of something that is really rare in Sweden, a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo! I´ve had it for over 10 years now and the problems I have encountered I have been able to solve using on-board dignostics. The last year however it has not been running well and I finally got around to look at it. It runs like crap when you give it a lot of gas. You don´t really notice in when you drive it like a limo should be driven but it is running really rich. The only code I can see is code 34, faulty MAP-sensor and I have replaced that. I have tried to get several programs to read my live data using an aldl-cable but none seems to work. I think i have a rare ECM (
    16159280?)
    and winALDL does not display any data. TunerPro RT displays some data using the A138.ads but nothing that makes sense, the numbers are all jumping like crazy even though i pulled all main fuses besides ign1.

Does anyone have experience with these cars? They are from what I understand very similar to Roadmasters, Caprice and Impalas but apparently not in this regard. Anyone know an ads-file that works in TunerPro? Or might have any other idea what might be wrong?

This is what I have tried:

Set base timing (the right way with the connector properly connected to ground)
    Checked fuel pressure both running idle and under load
    Checked vacuum, no leaks to be found and vacuum is really good
    TPS checked, 0.5volt at idle, 4.5volt at WOT and smooth operation all the way
    MAP replaced
    New distributor cap and cables

Car runs good up until about 50% throttle. Above that it only starts to make an intake sound and it loses most of its power. It feels like the timing is way off. I hade timing problems after I replaced the heads a few years back, same feeling.

Sincerely,
    Check your exhaust backpressure. It is possible you catalytic converter is plugging up.

Carb and Points!
    Thank you for your suggestion, I have already tried running the car without exhaust. Actually it all started with a plugged up exhaust!