Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need xdf file for a OS# 12592618

Electronic Ignition!

need xdf file for a OS# 12592618

hi does anyone have a xdf file for serv# 12589463 HDW# 12589162 OS# 12592618 PCM type P59 1MB ?

Carb and Points!
    Did you ever find the .XDF file you were looking for? i am needing the same one.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by peralesfive View Post
    Did you ever find the .XDF file you were looking for? i am needing the same one.
    no i haven't heard from no one about it at all if you come up with a way to get it please let me know

Carb and Points!
    ya i am try to reverse engineer these xdf files an try to create at least a simple version for 2005 ls models with DTC, Vats and what ever i can figure out but can not find to many open GM xdf files to break down .bin codes.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    Why go to the bother ? I mean that seriously - it will take hundreds of hours to complete accurately and fully.

The 1Mb PCMs (Blue and Green connectors) were primarily used from 2003 to 2006 (some 2007 models continued to use this PCM). There were literally dozens of operating systems (OS) used by GM for these PCMs.

However, 2004 OS 12587603 may be considered a "universal donor". All 1Mb PCMs can be programmed with this OS. This OS was used by 2004 Corvette, Truck, SUV, and full-size Van. This OS will support all transmission types, Drive-by-Wire or Drive-by-Cable, and Flex Fuel operation.

There is a fully complete XDF for 2004 OS 12587603 available here - see post #3:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...d-is-TunerPro)

There are 2004 bin files available here:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rPro-Bin-Files

With a 1Mb PCM, using this 2004 OS is a quick and easy option.
    so i should just write one of these bin files over my existing bin file using the write function on my ls droid thats on it now to my pcm your saying ? then i can use the 603 xdf file ?

Carb and Points!
    for a 2005 that xdf will not work. tried it and bricked pcm.the checksum and all the formals are correct. but 2005 data is offset so when you load it up in tuner pro the data looks way off.

ya it will take some time but looks like im close to cracking something. just need to define data that spits out the check some so a little stuck there

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Carb and Points!
    absolutely you are correct, for a project you can simply slap the 04 OS into the PCM to run the LS beast and make changes back a forth at will.

but this just seems like an interesting project to break down the code of the PCM and turn it into something anyone can read. i am just using my truck as the project base to do so also it will give access to others to make changes to a 05 pcm with out a tuner.

and all ECM "from the Manufacture" were not intended to be messed with but who likes rules.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    There are several points to consider, before jumping in with both feet.

The read / write software is not intended for use in an OEM vehicle, with multiple modules on the communications line / bus. It is intended to read / write a PCM in isolation - on a bench or in a custom vehicle standalone application (hot rod).

So, if you are working with a production GM vehicle - purchase commercial tuning software.

If you have put an 2004 LQ4 into a 1955 Chev, then you could use this software. If that is the case, and you have a 1MB PCM (Blue and Green connectors) then writing an application appropriate 2004 OS 12587603 Bin to the PCM may get you the point where you could do some tuning on your own.
    im just trying to put some life into a old car for now as long i can get it to run and shift i should be ok for now lol

Carb and Points!
    ya if it is a donor engine for your project car than you can write the 04 bin file to the pcm, will need to also change OS when you copy. just need to be sure you match the trans file too. ex 4l60e or 4l80e. there is a sticky that has alot of bin files.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by peralesfive View Post
    ya if it is a donor engine for your project car than you can write the 04 bin file to the pcm, will need to also change OS when you copy. just need to be sure you match the trans file too. ex 4l60e or 4l80e. there is a sticky that has alot of bin files.
    im new to all this so any info is much appreciated i assume i have to clone pcm function on ls droid to change this all ?

Electronic Ignition!
    wow guys it works lol i just did my first pcm the new 603 OS is on it with the new bin you guys are going to be the god parents to my new baby LMFAO

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblock489 View Post
    wow guys it works lol i just did my first pcm the new 603 OS is on it with the new bin you guys are going to be the god parents to my new baby LMFAO
    Which 603 BIN did you use? I have the exact ECU as you started with so need to do the same thing.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

LRT linked to the source for the 2004 BIN in post number 5 above. The XDF is also there. Both have worked well for me into my one, lone P59 one MB device.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's