Thread: USB to Com Ports

USB to Com Ports

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    It may be the file if you have everything else set? Big problem with cables in USB ports to TunerPro is USB/Com port moves, I have to find which one works on my computer each time I start it. So start your computer, do the cable test before plugging into car and make sure cable is in correct USB port, next time it may move!
    Win7 FTW! :)

In Windoze7, the device is assigned a com port, and no matter which physical USB port it is plugged into, it uses the same com port. :)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Then what changes?

Sometimes my AutoProm will be detected by TunerPro in left side USB or sometimes right USB. If it's not detected at startup of TunerPro it does not work. Moves back and forth, no real explination?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Ha! So I try the AutoProm and it would not be detected in either USB port? So I figured I would try a restart and it had updates waiting to be installed. Did restart, TunerPro now finds it on both USB ports? Never has done that before? Yes AutoProm switch was set on for all tests...

Looking at Com port settings my AutoProm is Com 3 and my spare cable is Com 8. These are the only 2 options that show up in TunerPro when checking.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-