Thread: Moates sst27sf512 price increase

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The 27SF512 has variants, namely the speed 70-C3 vs 90-C3. The replica (MTP) chips with 90-C3 speed usually work with the Burn 2. The replica (MTP) chips with 70-C3 speed usually don't work with the Burn 2.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I've been using Winbond W27C512 chips for a while now, most of the fake SST 27sf512 chips on ebay are the winbond chips re-labeled. The big problem is if you have the Moates programmer as it only "supports" the SST chips for erasing and programming.... I have the MCUmall GQ-4x so I can flash either and even flash the stock chips after erasing them with the UV light.
    Last edited by c5wagner; 12-03-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c5wagner View Post
    The big problem is if you have the Moates programmer as it only "supports" the SST chips for erasing and programming..
    I got my "fake SST" chips direct from China Sept 2017. They work fine with Moates Burn2. The only time I ever had a problem was when i plugged the chip in wrong. So my fault not the chips. I erased and burned each one three times as a check, then put the one I sold with my van into use and burned and reburned that so many times I can not even keep track. Maybe I hit the jackpot of fake chip suppliers but I doubt it. If you buy on eBay and check them when you receive them I don't see the problem using them with Burn2 as any defects can be disputed. If a seller has a large amount of hassles with a product, it will show in their feedback. Either way the buyer is protected. I read all the warnings and fear spreading, and it turned out to be bogus for my needs as the China chip worked every bit as good as the originals. I guess it was 5 chips for 6 dollars and some change plus free shipping.

sst.jpg
    Last edited by donf; 12-04-2019 at 12:51 AM.

I looked up the exact seller I purchased from over 2 years ago. He does not sell the 5 pack any more but he offers a 10. Not sure if its the same supplier after all this time, but the ones I got work fine with the burn2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-SST27...G/173591184856

Wow, awesome price. Just ordered some to try.

Just curious if the chips the sellers offering now were working as well as the ones I purchased two years ago? He seems to be selling a ton of them and still holds 100% feedback.

So far so good, they seem to require a few erases before reprogram. Other than that I’m satisfied. The other thing I’ve noticed is the legs on the chip are lighter material than moates easier to Bend into a dip socket.