Thread: 0411 Speed density?

Electronic Ignition!

0411 Speed density?

Ok guys, I want to run speed density using a P01 (0411) ECU. I downloaded a bunch of OSs and XDFs to match but from what I am reading, I will need a custom OS. LRT’s post below included XDFs to custom OSs that allowed speed density and boost but there was not bin file to go along with them. Would anyone have these or something similar to what I need with an XDF? I am currently using LSdroid and tunerpro.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post73585

Electronic Ignition!
    Just wanted to give this a small bump for incite. The more I read, I see that you need a special OS to run speed density. I am not aware of one out that is a NON HP tuners OS.

Fuel Injected!
    you can run with map only just unplug the maf and adjust the low octane tables cuz high octane aren't available without the custom OS, run the IAT separate and your good to go.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by NISANDA View Post
    you can run with map only just unplug the maf and adjust the low octane tables cuz high octane aren't available without the custom OS, run the IAT separate and your good to go.
    Thank you for your reply! I am going to setup a tune with this and flash with LSdroid. Also what do u mean by running the IAT separate? Thank you!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwh64 View Post
    Thank you for your reply! I am going to setup a tune with this and flash with LSdroid. Also what do u mean by running the IAT separate? Thank you!
    The Maf sensor has the IAT (Air temperature sensor) integrated inside, if you run a mafless system its a good idea to buy a IAT sensor and run it somewhere for inlet air temp mesuarment.

Just grab the 2 wires (Tan, Tan/Black) for the IAT and splice then to your sensor.

2011-09-03_134249_1.jpg

Screenshot_20191120-124956_1.jpg

Also adjust the MAF DTCs to No mil report , so that way the are aware the maf its not there (To start using Map) but dont show as checklight.
    Last edited by NISANDA; 11-21-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    WOW did not know this at all! I will do this! Thank you!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NISANDA View Post
    The Maf sensor has the IAT (Air temperature sensor) integrated inside, if you run a mafless system its a good idea to buy a IAT sensor and run it somewhere for inlet air temp mesuarment.

Just grab the 2 wires (Tan, Tan/Black) for the IAT and splice then to your sensor.

2011-09-03_134249_1.jpg

Screenshot_20191120-124956_1.jpg

Also adjust the MAF DTCs to No mil report , so that way the are aware the maf its not there (To start using Map) but dont show as checklight.
    Depends on which MAF he has. The earlier LS1s and Vortec vans use the same 3-pin MAF as the LT1 F-cars and Vortec 350 trucks. Those still had a separate IAT.

Electronic Ignition!
    Good info, I'm bumping this ��

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Depends on which MAF he has. The earlier LS1s and Vortec vans use the same 3-pin MAF as the LT1 F-cars and Vortec 350 trucks. Those still had a separate IAT.
    I believe mine has the IAT in the MAF because going back over my notes when I reworked my stock harness, I do not have anything listed as IAT but I am going to search further. I did however get my stand alone GM IAT sensor and harness in the mail from amazon today so hope I can get it installed soon.