Thread: AutoProm ADC Interface Channels Set up in TunerPro!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Your not from this side of the pond are you?

I got it on my list to look at in AM. Got no experiance with these but will see if I notice something that may be affecting it.

Right now the big issue is this works on dash board but does not save in data log xdl file?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Your not from this side of the pond are you?

I got it on my list to look at in AM. Got no experiance with these but will see if I notice something that may be affecting it.

Right now the big issue is this works on dash board but does not save in data log xdl file?
    Yeah last time I looked there is a big ditch full of water right between my place & your place

Strange I am sure that my attempts at WB02 and ADC1/2/3 logging saved in the xdl file.

I will confirm asap as that might help you to track the problem.

Thanks again for your efforts,

Regards, Chris

I have not had any luck getting the data showing to be in log but have only been working on a 160 Baud on test bench, works fine just can't get it in log?

Do you have the ADX with the AutoProm stuff installed? the files you had above in Zip don't seem to? This glitch I have not found, always solid data in dash, wish was in log...

-= =-

Super Moderator
    i get the feeling..... that payload and body size may need to be tweaked to have their information saved to the XDL.

just a thought.

MM would know best. i'm still not 100% certain how the autoprom knows WHEN to transmit it's data, unless it reads the packet logic as it comes along, recognizes the checksum and immediately starts injecting data.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Tried making adjustments to payload size and all data from car and AutoProm goes bad!

Mark at TunerPro and David and Craig from Moates are looking into it. Just did 2 test logs for them to verify while hooked to Suburban running and sent them logs and ADX file.

Same on car with data flowing as on bench, AutoProm data shows fine either way, but does not show up in data log?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hi guys, sorry for the late reply - I have done a fair amount of troubleshooting in the hope that I can resolve my own problems as well as trying to help with yours.

Good news for me!
    I have managed to resolve my spikes (or glitches) by simply adding a non polarised capacitor to filter a noisey signal from the wideband controller caused when it tries to heat the sensor.
    I can also confirm that when I record a log the ADC data sometimes trys to disappear... it is weird, I have noted the behaviour that you guys have described but when I restarted TP5 and opened my logs the ADC data was there! It has always been available in my logs as dash data and History tables but has sometimes disappeared from my monitors.

Anyway... here is some more stuff for you to look over, hopefully it helps with your issues.

Fuel Injected!
    Try increasing Payload size by 6 and leave everything else unchanged - worked for me ;)

Carb and Points!
    I may have missed it and this may be a dumb question but... is all this the same for the LM-2?

Ok, I found this how-to on the Moates site that shows the old Firewire adapter.
    http://static.moates.net/zips/wideba...nerpro_lm1.pdf
    The 0.3gain is to use 0-12v inputs (I don't know why I didn't think of that.) So I put on 1x gain, but it's still not working. Checked the leads from the wideband with a multimeter and they are correct. I set up my ADX to read AFR, V and raw # for the 3 packets and swapped the wires all over and it's nowhere near accurate at any of them.
    I found a replacement Firewire deal on Moates, but I'm wondering if there's any way to check if it's the adapter or the Autoprom itself. Any idea?
    http://www.moates.net/apadc-ad-conne....html?cPath=64
    80 Camaro Z28 - 550hp AFR 383 / T56 6spd (Holley HP EFI)
    91 Beretta "SS" - 260hp 3400 MPFI / HM282 5spd (7730/$A1) sold! for crazy money...but I miss it
    94 Silverado Z71 - 300hp Vortec 357 TBI / NV4500 5spd (7427/$0D) gone but not forgotten
    96 Beretta "T56" - 4.8 LS RWD swap / 6spd (0411/2156)
    01 Silverado 2500HD - stock Vortec 8.1 / ZF6 6spd (0411/8322)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/GEARHEADdezign

I forgot to update this with a fix. I got some support from Dave at Moates. He said those adapters never go bad, and he has never seen issues with the input channels on an Autoprom that didn't have a bunch of other problems. He took a look and my problem was the "body size" in the ADX I downloaded. It was 66 and should have been 67.
    80 Camaro Z28 - 550hp AFR 383 / T56 6spd (Holley HP EFI)
    91 Beretta "SS" - 260hp 3400 MPFI / HM282 5spd (7730/$A1) sold! for crazy money...but I miss it
    94 Silverado Z71 - 300hp Vortec 357 TBI / NV4500 5spd (7427/$0D) gone but not forgotten
    96 Beretta "T56" - 4.8 LS RWD swap / 6spd (0411/2156)
    01 Silverado 2500HD - stock Vortec 8.1 / ZF6 6spd (0411/8322)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/GEARHEADdezign