Thread: About time I joined.....!!!

About time I joined.....!!!

Hello. I have been looking at this site for a couple of years now, and have just avoided actually trying anything like "tuning".
    Well, it's about time I dove in. I will try very hard not to ask too many "noob" questions. I prefer to research the hell out
    of things like this first. Trying to improve my skills with TunerPro RT v5 on my 1994 GMC K1500. Old "Big Red" got her
    "antique tag" this year!

TunerPro RT v5 information for the 1994 K1500 is here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

dave w

Thanks for the info. I have a 16196395 ECM, $0E, with "BJLF" on the memcal cover.
    I had been using the wrong .bin file up till this week. I finally looked at the photos I took of my ECM
    the last time I had it out and searched for the BJLF.bin on this site and found it, thanks. I am also
    using "0E_tpv5_v250.xdf" and "A219_0E_31_v250.adx" files. I hope those are correct, seem to work.
    I have tried the Jet Performance Stage 1 chip, part # 294055, and was not impressed. So, I am here!

$OE is for the 4L80E transmission.

$OD is for the 4L60E transmission.

dave w

Thank you very much. Hard headed me had stuck with "$0E" from TunerPro site just for the "16196395" reference.
    I have seen that one and the 16197427 were, somewhat, interchangeable. The "Heavy Duty" reference SHOULD
    have made me wonder about what tranny was installed. Now that I can get all 3 files that I "NEED", I can proceed.
    Thanks again. Been here one day and I'm smarter already!!! Can't find where to buy a "subscription" to help out
    Mark's family. I feel obliged to do so considering the level of information available and the work it took! Oh yes, I
    do have the 4L60E!

Administrator
    Hello! Welcome to the forum.

Well, it's about time I dove in. I will try very hard not to ask too many "noob" questions. I prefer to research the hell out of things like this first.
    Please don't be too worried about this. It's good to research and get a head start. It's also good as a "teacher" to know what people are having trouble with. Many of the posts contain jargon and acronyms that can impede learning for a newbie. By all means, feel free to ask questions.

Can't find where to buy a "subscription" to help out Mark's family.
    Unfortunately changes by Paypal have broken the subscription process. I need to dedicate time to addressing this and other issues with the site.