Thread: New to the forum

Carb and Points!

New to the forum

New to the forum and tuning, but been doing ls swaps and building wiring harnesses for a while now. I have always just sent my pcm out to be tuned or have vats deleted and figured its about time I figure this out for myself. I will probably have alot of newbe questions so please bear with me while I learn.

Thanks, Carl Eagle.

I was once were you are with the LSx computer flash challenge, send out the PCM or bite the bullet and do the LSx computer flashes myself. I opted to bite the bullet and purchase TunerCats OBD2. It took about a year to recoup the TunerCats OBD2 system (aka - Road Runner) business expense.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    I am trying to figure out my way around tunerpro rt. I have learned alot but not near enough to be comfortable to change alot in the tune. Basically all I have figured out how to do so far is delete vats and remove the dct codes. And still trying to figure out what all has to be deleated for off road use.

Thank You, Carl

There could be some confusion on words being used for flashing, "Off-Road" or "Stand-Alone" or "Custom"?

I use "Stand-Alone", for a simple delete VATS and remove DTC's. Stand-Alone works great for a Completely Stock LSx engine that being installed into a "Budget" LSx project to keep installation simple and low cost.

I use "Custom" when the budget is generous, and there are modifications to the LSx engine, like installing a LS1 intake on a 5.3 pickup engine. There are many "Custom" changes needed when a LS1 intake is installed on a 5.3 pickup engine, mostly involving the injector parameters. I also use "Custom" when a LSx flash requires a Transmission Segment swap or when the LSx engine is converted from Drive by Wire to Drive by Cable.

I use "Off-Road" when the budget is well beyond generous and ALL OUT PERFORMANCE is the GOAL.

dave w