Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what am i doing wrong?

Maybe! But lets do it right first!

First you do not need an XDF file or a bin file to data log.

Next your pushing to many buttons again!
    -Initialize hardware, it connects.
    That's the same thing as emulate, you don't have any hardware to Initialize, all you have is a cable which needs nothing more then clicking the double blue arrows...

Rinse and Repeat!

Make sure cable is in USB port and found in TunerPro, USB ports can move around... if TunerPro can't find it move it to another USB port, then click connect/blue arrows.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    F'n ay lol. Ok the button i am pushing to find the cable is the one i am pushing. It finds it. Its on the same row as the blue arrows and looks like an ALDL cable end

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-OBD1-Scan...e71420&vxp=mtr

thats the cable i am using

No your clicking the button to Initialize Emulation Hardware. You don't have emulation hardware and if you did you can not emulate the LT1 PCM.

All you have to do is set the cable up correctly from Tools, Preferences, Data Acq/Emulation.

Attached Images Attached Images

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    tool/preferences same setup as what the pic shows. still nothing on the dash. Error keeps occuring so i stopped hitting the blue arrows went back and switched to autoprom mode or whatever and dashes still showed nothing but when the DA was connected it was blue and no errors occured. I do test for valid interface using the settings and it says the cable is connected and ready to be used.

If i have the settings set at what you have in the pic above, then press the 2 blue arrows and DA errors occur but is connected but dash shows nothing then....

Did you test for Valid Interface Using settings? This is how you test the cable...

Have you looked to see what Com port the cable is on?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    It is com port 5, i have tested it using the interface. But since I am not pressing the button that looks like the aldl cable there is no Nemu or ostrich connection like before, which i guess i dont need because you said that that was part of emulation? The da does connect but errors occur. corrupted bin file? Since i know nothing about tuning im really pulling at straws. Anyone in the WNY area that has tunerpro rt?

If your cable is on Com port 5 and TunerPro see's it on Comport 5 and get a valid test for interface cable while not hooked to car, then your ready. Hook to car, start car and try each of those ADX files twice each. First one should work on second shot I am told with 94 Caprice LT1. But one of the others may work first shot.

If you can get a wireless internet on the laptop in car I can do it.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Mine is a 95

There are some differences in 94 to 95 but data is same and there are no other module changes. Module changes are on different cars.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Will try again in the a.m. I can't thank yo enough for walking me through this

Fuel Injected!
    Hey EagleMark, I think im just going to have you link up to my computer lol. I have a 2004? windows XP laptop, can't get the wifi to work. I have a netgear wireless N Router. Would an internet card, wifi usb adapter work? or even attach an ethernet cable to it...let me know and i will go buy this thing and solve this problem!!!

Fuel Injected!
    also (off topic) but with tunerpro rt if i can get it running right, can i put my 52mm throttle body on my car and adjust everything via tunerpro i.e. transmission line pressure etc? Or would i need to send it off to pcmperformance or bry herter? It would be cool if i could do it myself

Quote Originally Posted by CapriceLT1 View Post
    Hey EagleMark, I think im just going to have you link up to my computer lol. I have a 2004? windows XP laptop, can't get the wifi to work. I have a netgear wireless N Router. Would an internet card, wifi usb adapter work? or even attach an ethernet cable to it...let me know and i will go buy this thing and solve this problem!!!
    That sounds like a lot of work and you have to have XP Pro to send an invitation, I don't know how to get into XP home on the net, I can with my desktop here on same network... see if you can send an invitation for remote assistance?

Quote Originally Posted by CapriceLT1 View Post
    also (off topic) but with tunerpro rt if i can get it running right, can i put my 52mm throttle body on my car and adjust everything via tunerpro i.e. transmission line pressure etc? Or would i need to send it off to pcmperformance or bry herter? It would be cool if i could do it myself
    Yes you can do all that and more, anything they can do you can do. Must have TunerCat Winflash which is $20.

-= =-

Does this video thread help?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAA721B5634A4EC45&feature=mh_lolz

I
    f you do end up with a hardware problem with the cable, hit me up.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by phonedawgz View Post
    Does this video thread help?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAA721B5634A4EC45&feature=mh_lolz

I
    f you do end up with a hardware problem with the cable, hit me up.

Will have to later tonight after work, my forums arnt blocked but my college stuff and youtube is lol. I will get back to you boys later. Thanks phonedawgz for jumping in!