Quote Originally Posted by romac55 View Post
Sure would have been nice to see the problem resolved right to the end though ; the rest of us are still wondering WTF . Mark spent a chunk of his life on that Caprice too ; he probably would have liked to see it resolved too , (or watch it burn). LOL . Let us know about your 4.3/S10 tune ; hope it goes better than the LT1 . Be safe...Bob

I'm back to tell you guys what i think happend. I thought about it and after racking my brain it hit me (a while ago i just kept forgetting to log on) When the knock sensor got changed out my friend had to tap the block and use the "fix a thread" on it because it was so bad. My only idea after a few months of not thinkng of that was the thread saver he put in wasnt giving a good reading from the knock sensor to the computer which caused my timing issue

Hope this helps someone in someway because FOR MONTHS i had been going nuts on how things could have gone wrong. The s10
s motor blew and Im looking into an 05 Legacy or Legacy GT whichever comes first. Thanks for the help guys!