Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: what am i doing wrong?

Fuel Injected!

what am i doing wrong?

Hey guys,I have a 95 9C1 (LT1 motor). I downloaded Tuner-pro RT and registered it. I have the these bins/xdf's/adx's for it.

From the find your xdf and adx look up. All are at the top of my screen ready to go but it seems like im missing something but I cant figure it out there is so much on there!! Everything initializes and says its ready except the DA?The DA is not linking or w/e (dont have the screen in front of me) its the yellow part at the bottom about 4 boxes in.  Everything else links up. The graphs/dash does not read anything, it just stays still. I can not read anything on the dash or view any graphs while key is on or car is running. did i forget to download something??
    Last edited by CapriceLT1; 05-07-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: wrong bin/xdf/adx

Fuel Injected!
    Like, all the gauges read zero...do i have to mask something? or does the one file already mask it....pulling at straws since i have no idea what the problem is lol. These arnt mine, i copied the pic from the site so you guys might get a better understanding of what im talking about

Fuel Injected!
    first of all you need to make sure your cable is on a com port (under device manager)
    if it is, then open up tunerpro then open up preferences under tools at the top
    then under data acquisition click configure plug in component
    then make sure the com port there matches the one on your cable, then press ok
    then next to the ADX settings at the top toolbar, click the two blue arrows and see if that works, if the data is unstable (not reading correctly but still moving crazily) go ahead and click it again, wait about 2-3 seconds and try again, if not
    keep retrying until you have smooth accurate data
    that should be it

With your cable plugged in restart computer. Then open TunerPro and go to Tools, Preferences, Data Acq/Emulation and choose Plug in, then Configure Plug In Component and see if it is on the right Com port. Then test cable. Do this while not hooked to car. If it finds cable move on. If not move cable to another USB port and try again. If you run out of USB ports then look to see what Com port it is on. Start, Devices and Printers, find the cable, right click and properties.

LT1 comes in a few different cars and they have different modules on the ALDL line. Depending on car some need to be connected, disconnected and connected again to get good data the way this ADX file is set up. But that is usually bad data, I think your cable is not installed correctly or configured correctly in TunerPro.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Alright. I did as you guys said. I'm getting farther but still hitting bumps...I'm just going to list everything im doing

-Data Acquisition is plug in configuration; Standard serial-Cable found and functional in COM 5 (while plugged and unplugged)
    -Initialized Hardware (Found) NEMUv86.254N
    -DA Connected then it started flashing (on the DA part) that there were errors and it started counting them for a while.
    -I was able to start Emulating but it said "I think you are mistaken" did you mean Bank 8? but i can only choose banks 0,1, and 2. After I try to stop something the emulating keeps going along with the DA Acquisition and the Plug in in still initialized but the Blue button that starts the emulation goes away and i cant hit it again so i restart and do everything over again hoping it will change but it doesn't. Definitely farther than i got before. I still can not get the dash to turn on or data to run and i believe it is because of the DA errors that keep being found. But I don't know what they are, how to find them and how to fix them.

Did you say i may need another ADX?

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry for the bad quality, its from my cell phone. Just trying to give you guys as much info as I can. In the first vid i revved the engine up twice to about 5k

Last edited by CapriceLT1; 05-08-2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: engine rev

You can not emulate an LT1 ! Do not click the Emulate button. You need to data log by clicking the 2 arrows or Acquisition, Start Stop Data Scan.

-= =-

Do you have internet access on laptop while in car? If so send me a remote accsess invitation and your phone number to mark at eagle-mark.com

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I dont have internet on laptop while in the car, I have been running back and forth. I'll see if i can get a cheap wireless router for it. Until then i wont emulate and will try again. Thanks eaglemark! wish me luck....

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, I can data log but if i click the 2 arrows the DA starts saying its connected but its finding errors (up to 385). I logged data twice but there was nothing to log/play back because the Dash,grphs and monitors were all dead. Do i have the wrong files? I did not and wont emulate again. I went to aqustion, start data log, ran it in the driveway at idle pressing on various things to try and enable the dash and graphs to respond but i didnt then i ended that log and took it around the block while recording. I was hoping maybe it would record something but its 1 minute of dead dash.... DA connecting still but flashes with errors. I can log data but there is nothing to log. When i was logging it was green but it did not show the length of the video. Is there a video on youtube that shows how to do this? I checked the forum and couldnt find anything. Even on youtube.com they have people that are frustrated and cant get it to work or they have people just flying through it or not showing me the steps i need to take to get this to work. Maybe its the files i have or maybe its me
    Last edited by CapriceLT1; 05-08-2012 at 05:55 PM.

It may be the file if you have everything else set? Big problem with cables in USB ports to TunerPro is USB/Com port moves, I have to find which one works on my computer each time I start it. So start your computer, do the cable test before plugging into car and make sure cable is in correct USB port, next time it may move!

The LT1 engine came in a few different cars all of which have different modules tied into ALDL line, the file you have from the $EE info thread is set for my Buick Roadmaster, but works on others if connected and disconnected and connected again. Problem for me to get them right for every car is once a guy gets it working I don't get any feedback so I can adjust for each car. I know it works on LT1 Camaro if done twice but guy never wanted to test to get it to work properly once.

Here are three more files, all the same with different connections. Make sure cable is in right USB port as mentioned above. Start car and try one twice, take notes of what happened. Turn car off for one minute, start car and try next one twice, take notes of what happened. Rinse and repeat...
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

I also just watched your second video again, you said car was not on! You will not get data with car off! Some cars can be connected then started but I have never got that to work on any 94 up LT1.

So start car! Then try ADX you have twice and others with directions from above and we will get one dialed in for LT1 Caprice.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks EagleMark! I have to take the woman out but will play with it at work tomorrow. But i know the car is supposed to be on lol. I just turned it off to play with the settings. I will get back to you as soon as Im done. Thanks again for all the help

Fuel Injected!
    -Turn Ignition on
    -Plug in cable
    -Start Tuner-pro RT
    -Make sure my 95COP.bin is there and the xdf is there.
    -Initialize hardware, it connects. Load ADX
    -Click on blue arrows
    Same thing happens all 3 times with new ADX's from EagleMark. Could it be XDF?
    I disconnected and re-connected after i changed each ADX.

It still says errors and won't show the Dash/graph monitoring system live. The cars idling at around 700 rpm and it still says 0. I want it to work soooo bad :(
    Last edited by CapriceLT1; 05-11-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Try a different USB cable. I had issues with uploading and verifying in the camaro on occasion and swapped USB and haven't had a problem since.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s