Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Starting with EBL Flash and TunerPro software

You should not be using higway lean cruise until your tune is in order!

With the ECM seeing knock it is pulling timing. Do you here any ping or knock? Have you set the base timing on the distributor? Have you used a timing light to verify your timing in spark table is close to what is on timing marks? My advice is to not drive the car till you find out what this issue is, knock this bad if real can casue major damage!

Yes EBL is big on Thirdgen.org RBob has been hanging out there since before dirt, that's why I pointed you that way.

Hope you get er worked out, always welcome back here to share. Right now you need to be careful till you get these issues in order.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    I can not hear any pinging or knocking though. Thats whats confusing me. And if it is a huge problem with it, where should I look to fix it. I will disable leane cruise till I get it in order. Thanks

Well if there really is no ping and knock then you have an issue with the Knock sensor or ESC. Something is not right. It really scares me when I hear something like this as I am not there and this could be a very serious issue or just false knock? Do you know where timing is with a timing light?

I would really rather you talk with RBob as this is his design and he knows it inside out and upside down without even looking at a diagram. We have a joke that he is really a RBot! I have never used one... I am not chasing you away! I am giving you best advice!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    I just emailed him about it. The base timing is set to 0 degrees at the distributor and the ECM. Thanks for you help.