Thread: qucik question on 9th injecter (TPI)

Electronic Ignition!

qucik question on 9th injecter (TPI)

Hi all, quick question on my 1988 Vette and the cold start injector (IE; 9th injector)

I'm looking at eliminating the cold start injector on my L98 TPI for when I swap on an LT1 intake (currently being metal worked).

The 88 is an L98 TPI with a 700r4 (7165 ECM).

The 89 Vette's were also L98's and could be had with a 700r4,but didn't use a cold start injector.

Would "tuning out" the cold start injector be as simple as flashing a 1989 L98/700r4 calibration? Any downsides to doing this? If I use the Vette calibration, it should continue to work with the "Atari dash", yes?

It looks like a simple fix to me, I'd just like some confirmation it will work without problems.....

I've successfully used the 89 Camaro flash on several "Street Rod" TPI systems to eliminate the 9th cold start injector. I'm thinking the 89 Vette flash will work, but I've never tried the 89 Vette flash on an 88 Vette to be 100% certain it will work.

dave w

Administrator
    '89 File works on '88. 9th injector not controlled by ecm so disable by disconnecting temperature switch. You will need to "scan" vehicle as 89 once newer calibration is installed.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    '89 File works on '88. 9th injector not controlled by ecm so disable by disconnecting temperature switch. You will need to "scan" vehicle as 89 once newer calibration is installed.
    Thanks. I did know the 'third" sensor on the manifold controlled the cold start injector, but I thought it was though the ECM as well....