Thread: Magnetti Marelli Injector compensations

Fuel Injected!

Magnetti Marelli Injector compensations

Does anyone happen to have the injector compensation values for these? I would even take the values out of the stock Mercruiser calibration for the Magnum MPI dual plane intake mercruiser 350 that ran them.

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/iwp069-42lb-53gps/

Maybe the Magnetti Marelli Injector parameters for the Edelbrock 1990 7.4 liter / TH400 TBI to MPFI Kit are helpful?

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator
    These do seem tough to find specs for. This document lists voltage corrections by injector series. IWP are top-end race injectors. https://sites.ualberta.ca/~loewen/In...orrections.pdf

This page associates flow and Marelli injector series.
    http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/f...ctorguide2.htm

I have some MEFI calibrations but I cannot tell what engine they are from, and injector correction time tables are not always populated.

This remains a challenge at this time.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    These do seem tough to find specs for. This document lists voltage corrections by injector series. IWP are top-end race injectors. https://sites.ualberta.ca/~loewen/In...orrections.pdf

I have some MEFI calibrations but I cannot tell what engine they are from, and injector correction time tables are not always populated.

This remains a challenge at this time.
    I did not purposely go out and buy these injectors. These came with the intake and the seller cleaned, rebuilt them with new o'rings and flow tested them before shipping them. They are also large enough to run my 500 hp engine on E85 and they can handle alcohol.

Administrator
    I did not purposely go out and buy these injectors. These came with the intake and the seller cleaned, rebuilt them with new o'rings and flow tested them before shipping them.
    This is the same issue that I had with a set of Keihin marine injectors years ago. I thought the solution would be simple because I ran the same injectors in my Chevelle with MEFI controlling it, yet the MEFI calibration showed 0's across the board for injector correction times. I advised the owner we would have a better chance at success if he sold the injectors and went with a set that had data available. If the calibration is available I can check the times but please don't expect too much.

Can you work with the first chart I posted? It shows correction times for the IWP069 injector ar 3 BAR pressure (44 psi). If the link you posted shows the correct injector part number then the data *should* be correct.

Maybe the 7.4l intake came with IWP069's? This is the data from the Edelbrock cal is attached. $4F, 8747 ecm.

Alternate part numbers include Ducati 996R and Mercruiser 861260T but so far no better correction data has been found.
    Attached Images Attached Images