I’m sure I posted some time ago but I couldn’t find it. Also did a search but couldn’t find that either.
So just to recap
94 Buick RoadMaster Estate Wagon LT 1
this Car only has 110k on it and is like a brand new car. A granny had it since new and it was like a daughter to her.

anyway the car has never seen a winter. No rust just minor weather stains.

So I get it and it runs fine for about 5k miles then it developed a miss across the board. Since I no longer have a place to work on cars I’m forced to “take it to the shop”. Well the shop tells me the trans is not shifting properly and needs rebuilding. I’m not buying this and go to 4 more shops all saying the same thing.
finally I run into a guy who is old school that “fixes” things rather than throw parts at it hoping to hit the one that works. He says the trans is fine.

Long story shorter.
new belts, air cleaner, oil change with Wix filter, fluids topped off. Suddenly the car stops running altogether. So new fuel pump and Wix fuel filter. Car runs but still has Miss. new Cats both sides, new O2 sensors (one was definitely bad)
checking the motor for leaks and we find the Opti Spark is saturated with oil. Seal behind it is bad. New Opti Spark and vacuum line, new water pump. New plug wires and plugs. EGR is not functioning. New EGR.
More scans. Motor is running very rich on left bank. O2 out if range so it is replaced again.

Now it runs rich on the right bank. But all sensors are in range and almost dead center of range.
Very thorough inspection of intake hoses. They all are nice and flexible, none oil soaked or brittle. All clamps centered and tightened....not excessively.

Now I might add that I specified to use all GM OEM parts. No MSD, no aftermarket hard parts. Mostly because of my experiences and others of my cruise groups. Even the OPTI was new old stock.

car still has a miss. Mpg has gone from 21-22 to 12-13. Also have run several tanks of non oxy premium through it. It still is solidly rich on the right bank.

i went and got the EEHACK and a brand new laptop just to run scans on this car. Even got a cool memory stick for USB port and connection to download to Apple IPad Air lol. Unfortunately misplaced during recent move.

however my scans show exactly the same as high dollar tool man scanner.

one thing that seems unusual in that I can’t reset the BLM while others say I should be able to do.

Last week my guy got a very expensive smoke tester. It showed no,leaks. I suggested he compression test the whole motor which means I get charged for plug R &R again.

I told him at this point I don’t care, just fix the car, what ever it takes, I need the car as my el Camino will be headed for winter storage shortly and the Buick will be my driver. It’s only been 6 months of messing around. He is getting tired of having the car around and I’m very frustrated.

i didn’t call him last week as I didn’t want to be a pest but he called me and said he had new OEM injectors coming Friday and would install them as soon as he could. He’s been very fair with charges and so I can’t complain there. Nobody else around will even look at the car now. They see me coming and they put the closed sign in the window.

Im looking for any help I can get. It may be a bad computer but the general feeling I get is that these hold up pretty well. There are at least 6 Other LT 1 in the cruise groups I hang out with and all are virtually trouble free. All have a log more miles on them.

byron