Thread: 94 Buick RoadMaster Estate Wagon LT 1 issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    For now, it's just me and one other guy at the shop, and we are trying to keep up with demand. Basically, it's full-on resurrection season in the fall season, and ......it's fall. My boss is the other set of brains for the shop, and he has been away from the shop trying to fix sell his deceased father's house. Not sure if he'll ever get it done, being a perfectionist and all. I have lots of people dropping off cars as if we have a layaway plan or something. I get it done, they take forever to pay for it or pick it up. I could take a look at it, but I cannot dedicate myself to it completely. I tend to put these kind of "somebody else's diagnostic failure" cars in a rotation pattern in between the straight up "turnkey" vehicles which pay the bills. I try to get the straight jobs done in a decent amount of time, then I allow some diagnostic time for the mystery vehicle in between jobs. So, promising a solution to a mystery problem in a certain scheduled time and date won't happen. It contains too many variables at this time.

We are located in south kansas city, mo. Not sure if you are hundreds of miles away or not.

Here's one thing I never heard throughout this discussion. Has the computer's powers and grounds been checked out electrically, under load conditions, at the computer connector? Does this guy have access to schematics, and know how to test for these things?

As to the changing of the entire harness to fix one wire.....the answer is NO. Don't do it. Not worth the new problems you will introduce......like the other hole in your wallet.

Granted, you still claim to have a low vacuum reading, which still indicates a mechanical problem, but I am starting to wonder about the mechanic in question.
    Last edited by vilefly; 10-02-2019 at 03:23 PM.